Chapter eight: The confession

"What's wrong?" Colby asks.

I break down into tears and hug him "he's calling his mom back, and he's going to find out I like him, and everything's going to end up in heartbreak and and-."

Colby cuts me off, "shhh, hey, it's okay, just calm down." He says, hugging me and rubbing my back. "I'll be right back, okay?"

"Okay.." I say sadly.

~Colby's POV~

I closed the door behind me once I went outside the room. I slowly crept downstairs to where Jake was on the phone with his mother. I hear him mumble something then hang up the phone. He turns to go upstairs and see's me. "Did she tell you?" I ask. He looks away.

"Did you know she liked me, like that?" He says, looking back at me.

"Yeah, everyone did, she wanted to keep it a secret because she didn't want to be broken-hearted if you didn't like her back."

"Are you serious?" How could I not like her back? I don't see how you guys didn't fall in love with her. She's so... perfect.." he says, rubbing the back of his neck blushing.

"Come upstairs and tell her! She's crying because she thought you wouldn't." I said, going up the stairs.

~Y/n's POV~

I heard the door open and laid in my bed and covered myself up with it.

"Y/n..." it was Jake... immediately I started crying again, I know he felt me shaking. "Y/n, please look at me.." he said, moving the cover off my head. I looked up at him with tears falling down my face. "Y/n..." he says softly he wipes my tears away with his hand. "I like you too." He says, smiling lightly. I moved to a sitting position.

"H-huh?" I ask, wiping my tears away, "don't be playing games with me, Jake..." I said, upset.

"I'm not playing games, I promise." He said I could hear the sincerity in his voice.

"Promises can be broken..." I say, looking away.

He pulls me onto his lap, I look at him surprised, and he kisses me passionately, I kissed back gently but passionately.

I heard a slight noise from the door. I pulled away and looked at the door, "run!" I hear Sam yell.

I blush brightly and get off Jake's lap, "I bet they watched the whole thing." Jake says, looking at me.

"Yeah, me too," I say, sighing.