Chapter six: The warehouse

(A/n so that everybody knows this is not going to be precisely what happened when they went to Kansas and went to the warehouse.)

I got out my small backpack that I carry around with me and pack a few things, first aid kit, flashlight, and a few snacks, just in case.

Sam and I headed downstairs, leaving Colby upstairs by himself. Sam walks me to the kitchen where his mom is cooking dinner. I hear the doorbell ring and look at Sam. He looks back and me and nods towards the door.

I walk to the door and open it. There stood Jake and his mom. His mom smiles at me, "may we come in?" She asks I nod and move out of the way so they could come in.

Sam comes over to us, "Hey Jake, Lora." Sam says, smiling, "my mom is cooking dinner if you'd like to join us?" He asks.

"Sure, we'd love to!" She says and looks at me, "can Y/n and I have a moment?" She asks.

Sam and Jake nod as they leave us alone and go upstairs with Colby after checking when dinner would be made. "I haven't told him..." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

She holds both of my hands, "your leaving tomorrow, either you tell him, or I do." She says sternly and walks away to the kitchen to help Sam's mom, Cindy.

I sigh and go upstairs with the guys, "what'd my mom want to talk to you about?" Jake asks, sitting on Sam's bed, Colby sitting next to him.

I shake my head no, "cmon tell us, and it can't be that bad, right?" Sam asks. I whisper what had happened in Sam's ear and crossed my arms, looking at him. "Yeah, okay, it's that bad." He says shrugging, "but he'd find out one day." I growl lowly at him.

"Sam unleashed the beast," Colby says, laughing a little.

"Whatever, can we go, or are we going after dinner?" I ask, looking at Colby after glancing at Jake.

"After dinner," Colby says

We all go downstairs after talking about random things for about 30 minutes.

~After dinner~

Everyone was getting ready for when we went to the warehouse, I quickly got changed in the bathroom, and we left the house to drive to the warehouse.

(You are wearing an XPLR merch mask)

Once we make it to the path that leads to the warehouse, we all get out for the car and grab our bags and the box that Sam has kept the first they ever went to the warehouse. I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out of my pocket and the one and only Elton was calling me. I answered, "what's up, Elton?" I ask.

"Don't go to the warehouse, there's going to be some people that show up or something bad will happen, I feel it! Please don't go!" He said I could hear straight fear in his voice. I bit my lip and looked at the guys

"I'm sorry, Elton." I said and hung up the phone, "everyone ready to go?" I ask as I felt my phone vibrate again, I look down at it, and Elton is calling me again, I roll my eyes and power off my phone. Jake comes up to me, seeing me powered off my phone.

"Who was that?" He asks me, confused.

"Just Elton." I say, rolling my eyes again, "can we go now?" I ask, irritated.

"Sure thing!" Sam says, turning the camera on, and we run through the field until we get to the warehouse.

After a while of going around the warehouse, we were upstairs when we heard and saw these people yelling and messing with some stuff. Sam made a slight sound with the box "hello?" The leader of the cult asks. We were all silent, "whatever!" He says, turning around as they all started talking, or chanting.

"We have to get out of here," Jake says.

"Mhm!" I mumble scared out of mind, 'Why didn't I listen to Elton?!' I thought in my mind but shook the thought away.

We made our way out of the warehouse through the murder room and ran a few minutes away from the warehouse. Until we reached a railroad track.

"I should've listened to Elton..." I mumbled under my harsh breathing. Jake was the only one who had heard me.

"Why?" He asked looking at me.

I looked back at him and blushed slightly, I was grateful it was dark out. "He said something like this would happen." I say looking away when I saw lights of a train, "g-guys..." I say they all look at me "t-train!" I said and we all started running, racing the train.

After awhile and we heard no noise from the warehouse we went ahead and went inside and set up for the seance.