Chapter eighteen: Rae's house

We arrived at Rae's house after almost 15 minutes in the car.

"Wait, don't get out yet I wanna do something!" He said excitedly.

"Okay?" I said questionably.

Rae unlocked the car doors got out and quickly went around and opened my door for me, "I hope you enjoy you're stay here with me, your majesty." He says smirking and bowing.

I smile and blush slightly and before I get out of the car he lends me a hand to help me out of his truck.

We went inside and he showed me to the kitchen where his mom sat on the bar stool

"Hey mom, I brought a princess home, I hope that was alright." He says smiling.

She look back at us and smiles, "what's the princesses name?"

"Y/n, she's the most beautiful princess I've seen, she's prettier then all the princess in the stories." Rae says with his bright smile looking at me.

I blush slightly and look down rubbing my neck, "th-thanks Rae." I said nervously. I realized I was still wearing Jake's hoodie, "hey do you have anything I can change into?" I ask looking up at Rae.

"Do my clothes work for you? You're smaller then me so they might be a little big but that's kinda all I have..." he says looking down and to the side.

"Anything to get out of this hoodie." I said a little upset.

"You okay princess?" He asked me making me look up at him.

I bit my lip softly, "it's Jake's..."

"The boy from the trampoline park?"

I nod and he grabs my hand and leads me upstairs "cmon I'll find something for you."

A few hours passed after he found some clothes for me, I took a shower and curled up into a ball on his bed. He said he would sleep in the living room couch and wouldn't listen to reason. So here I am curled up in his hoodie looking at pictures of me and Jake.

I sighed as I looked at the pictures of us, when I heard the door open, screams and the door close but the screaming continued

I went downstairs into the kitchen and there stood two little boys and a little girl. I tilted my head slightly and the went silent and then ran up to me saying things all at once to where I couldn't understand.

Rae laughed a bit "cmon guys leave her alone."

"Is this you're new girlfriend?!" They all said at once.

I laugh a little, " sorry little ones, but no we're just friends." I say smiling lightly.

They all look up at me, the smallest boy made grabby hands at me, you could tell her could only speak very little and most of it was just gibberish.

I smiled a bit and picked him up, he laughed a little and laid his head on my shoulder smiling.

"Aww, looks like little Kalel likes you." Rae's mom says smiling standing up. "Cmon little ones it's bed time, you're father made you all come back a little late."

"Awh man!" The other little boy said.

"We'll be here in the morning Brant, and if we aren't we'll be back soon okay?" Rae told him, he smiled happily and ran up the stairs to bed.

"Where's Kalel's room?" I ask, Rae motions for me to follow.

I follow Rae up the stairs when he turns to me, "if you want he can sleep with you, he normally crawls up and sleeps with me but he seems to have a liking to you."

"Do you wanna sleep with me little guy?" I ask looking at him, he nods and I smile.

I take him to my room and lay him down. I crawl up beside him and he faces towards me and falls asleep sucking on his thumb.

I sigh as I try to fall asleep. About 2 hours passed when I hear a voice whisper my name.

I look up towards the door to see Rae, "Rae? Why are you awake?" I ask sitting up and quietly go to the door.

"I can't fall asleep..." He said looking down.

"You can sleep with me and Kalel if you'd like... it's you're bed after all." I said smiling lightly.

He looked at me surprised, "really? Are you sure I don't want to make you uncomfortable..." he said rubbing his neck and looking down.

I grab his hand and lead him to the bed and we both lay down I was almost asleep when I felt a arm wrap around my waist, I fell asleep almost immediately after that.

I woke up with a arm around my waist and little Kalel cuddled up to me, I smiled lightly. I carefully got up, making sure not to wake them. I walked downstairs and looked at what time it was on my phone, 6:30 like normal.

I walk into the kitchen to Rae's mom, "Hi.." I said nervously.

She smiles brightly at me, "would you like to cook breakfast with me?" She asks

I nod when I get a call, I look down and it's Colby.

"Hello?" I said as I answer the phone.

"Y/n? H-Have you seen Jake?" My heart stopped.

"N-No... why?" I ask him fear laced in my voice.

I get another call from a police station near by, I hang up with Colby and quickly answer them, "hello?" I ask

"Do you a Jake Webber?" He asks me.

"Y-yes?" I say questionably.

There was silence on the line for a little while. "We found him crashed into a tree on the side of the road, he went through the windshield and has a couple broken bones, he is also in a coma."

I covered my mouth as tears streamed down my face. I grabbed Rae's car keys and ran outside "I'll be back I promise!" I yell as I get into his car and drive off towards the hospital.

'Hand in there Jake... I can't lose you...'