Home

Blaise's Pov

Ah, Hogwarts. The one place that feels like home in England. Pansy, Draco and I got off the train, onto the carriages and towards the ancient school. "I wonder what happened to Weasley?" Pansy wondered out loud and I turned my focus to her. "Probably got hit with a spell or something." Draco shrugged. I remember hearing Weasley scream. It was blood curdling and ear splitting. I wanted to break something. I remember falling out of my seat and onto the ground when I heard it.
"-aise, -laise, BLAISE!" Pansy screamed and I jumped." Yes?" I replied. "I was saying, what do you think the feast's going to be like without Dumbledore?" She said. Draco visibly darkened and I gave Pansy a pointed glare. "Oh, sorry Dray. I wasn't thinking." She apologized. Draco's darkness quickly subsided and he gave her a small smile. "Anyway, I'm so-oh look, there's the school!" Pansy squeeled. Draco and I chuckled and looked up at Hogwarts. Home.

Got off the carriage, each took turns in patting the Thestral and walked into the Great Hall. The hall, as always was lit with bright candles against the wall and ceiling, the sky a dark navy, stars scattered everywhere. The teachers table was looking a bit different though. Sitting in Dumbledore's old seat was Professor McGonagall and sitting in the DADA teacher's seat was Remus Lupin. Always liked that guy, best defense teacher we ever had. "There's Theo, Millie and Vincent." Draco smiled, pointing at Millicent Bulstrode, Theodore Nott and Vincent Crabbe. We walked over to them and sat on their opposite side. After a long conversation about our holidays, McGonagall stood on the podium and started speaking." Hello everyone and welcome back to Hogwarts." She beamed. Everyone applauded. "As your Headmistress I hope to lead this school in the right direction and try my best to be the Albus Dumbledore you all miss." She sighed. "Before you eat, I must address you all on the ambush that happened if the train." She said, her voice sounding a bit trembly. Everyone's eyes were fixated in her. "I'd like you all to know that that will not happen again and it was a, mere technicality." She said. "What about Weasley!" A 7th year from Hufflepuff shouted. "Weasley is alright and is recovering, Mr Grant." She said sternly, the Hufflepuff boy went a bit red and I snorted. Across the hall, I watched as Potter and Granger visibly relaxed but still held concerned faces. I almost feel sorry for them. Nevermind.

After the feast McGonagall told us all to go to bed. I quickly grabbed one more carrot and left with Draco and Pansy. "I thought obsession with uncooked carrots stopped in 6th year?" Draco frowned. "Old habits die hard." I said with a mouth full of carrot. Draco snorted and Pansy rolled her eyes. "One day they're going to get stuck up there." I smirked and Pansy almost tripped. Draco burst out laughing and Pansy's frown, if possible frowned further. We continued walking and Pansy had a smirk in her face the whole time. When we made it to the dungeon stairs, she put her leg in front on my feet. "SHIT!" I mumble-shouted as I tripped and flew down the straicase.
"You little b-" I started but Draco cut me off. "Language, Zabini." He said smugly and him and Pansy both burst into laughter. I through my carrot stump and him and he stopped laughing immediately. Pansy was still howling though. "You. Did. Not!" He spat. "Oh. Yes. I. Did!" I said back adn he started chasing me. "You, know. For having such long legs I'd expect you to be faster!" Draco shouted from behind me. "If so, then why haven't you caught me?" I shouted back adn smirked when he scoffed. We were the last ones to enter the common room, the three of us still howling with laughter. "Night guys." Pansy grinned, going on her tippie toes to give us both a kiss on the cheek. "Night Pansy!" We grinned in unison before trekking up to the 8th year boys dormitory. After showering and doing basic night time necessities, we sat in our beds. "Hey Blaise." He whispered in the darkness. "Yeah?" I replied. "Goodnight." He said before closing his eyes and drifting of the same. "Night." I whispered back and fell asleep.

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of a loud scream that I regocnized as Pansy and a faint 'what the fuck' from Draco. I opened my eyes grogily and smiled up at them. But they weren't smiling down at me. "Pansy, what are you doing here. This is the boy's dormitory." I whispered. She just shook her head quickly,both her and Draco's eyes resembling to those of house elves. "Stop looking at me like that, it's freaking me out." mumbled. "Blaise, what happened to you?" Draco asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. My heart started beating a bit too fast and I sat up, hitting my head on something. Wood shards well down from my head and I looked up.

Oh Merlin-