The Blood Ritual

It's been six days since I saw the sunlight. Thankfully, during those six days, Reginald had given me blood and has taught me how to control when I shift, but he still for the life of him, can't find where their hiding Blaise. Apparently, they moved him to a stronger cell, and only the four leaders know where it is and how to get in. If I've been counting the days correctly, today is the day of the
Blood Ritual-
I snapped my head up. The locks on my door clicked open and two burly vampires walked inside, their wands pointed at me. "You better not try anything!" One of them with a beard spat and I rolled my eyes. "With what that Arman guy jabbed into me, I'd be shocked if I could even stand." I joked, trying to lighten the tense mood. They were obviously stressed about something. The bearded man held onto my wrists firmly and I grunted in pain. Then his bald companion waved his wand and the chains disappeared. Beard man picked me up so I was standing and ordered me to walk. I did as told and sighed in frustration when the chains were, once again, locked around my wrists. They walked me down a long, torchlit corridor with dark, velvety walls. Pictures of vampires killing wizards, witches and muggles looking proud of themselves adorned the walls and I shivered. At the end of the corridor, stood a large midevil door with no handle. The bald man stopped, muttered something to the door and it opened gracefully. Inside, was a very large room, about the size of the Great Hall, except with dark velevt walls, red fabric hanging down from the ceiling. In the center of the room was a large and ornate dias where Lavender, Cormac, Daphne and Astoria stood. The four of them were clad in black togas, whereas everyone else in the room wore red ones. That's when I actually noticed how many red eyes were cast apon me. There were about a thousand vampires in the room, all standing around the dias. In the distance, I could see Reginald looking very sad and very frightened. I was then harshly pulled to the ground and the two men holding me disappeared into the crowd. "Welcome!" Cormac jeered. "To the Blood Ritual! Where we will finally gain the power we deserve," Daphne Greengrass exclaimed and everyone clapped. "First, we drink the blood of the only vampire descendant of Sanguis Thornhold. An admired vampire, believed that mudbloods, wizards and vampires should all live in harmony well I say NO MORE!" Astoria shouted and the vampires began cheering. With a wave of her hand, they all became silent once again."Rise," said Lavender, lifting her hand. It was as if someone was pulling me up so I was hovering at their level. I floated towards them and landed onto the dias, at their feet. "Eldest to youngest, drink the blood which once belonged to our leader! Our for father!" Lavender cackled. Cormac smirked, kneeled down so he was next to me and bit down on my arm. Being unable to scream anymore, I twitched violently in agonizing pain. (Kind of like Bella in Twilight)
After a few seconds, the girls pulled Cormac off of me and he wiped his mouth, his red eyes started glowing greedily. Daphne did the same and her eyes also glowed when she finished. Then Astoria and Lavender, who also came up with glowing, ravenous eyes. The flesh on my wrist was ripped of but I wasn't bleeding as much as a normal human would. But then again, I'm not normal in the slightest. My twitching ceased to shaking as I lay in pain on the ground.
"Now, we drain the life out of a creature that holds much power!" Daphne grinned and I froze. I heard the door open again and my nose was immediately harassed by Blaise's scent. I was thrown into a cage next to Lavender and I clutched at my wrist. Blaise didn't look good at all. He had scars everywhere, bruises, burns. Hell, he was even being carried on a floating wooden table. But to my relief, I could still hear his faint heartbeat ringing in my ears, making me furious. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I shouted and the cage I was in rattled.
"No can do Won-Won!" Lavender squeeled, kicking the cage. I was shaking with rage, but the cage wouldn't budge. At this point I had completely forgotten about my throbbing, fleshy hand. The wooden table hovered over to the leaders and Cormac looked hungrily at Blaise. He lowered his face towards Blaise's neck and bit. It was as if Blaise had died and come back to life. His screams peirced my ears and tears started falling from my eyes. Cormac drunk his blood and pulled away with much force, his eyes glowing brighter. All the girls did the same and Blaise's heartbeat stopped ringing in my ears when Lavender finished drinking, it stopped completely. I froze again, dumbstruck and shaking.

He's dead.

Third Person

Ron screamed. He screamed so loud the room shook and parts of the roof fell off. Most people fell at the sheer sound. "DON'T LET HIM ESCAPE! We need the sun, that's the last part of the ritual or it will all be for nothing!" Astoria hissed and the leaders fled the room. Ron shifted and the chains around his wrists and the cage he was in disintegrated. He stared at the mass of vampires, his eyes alight. He sped across the room, biting down on any neck and every neck he saw, killing everyone that came into contact with him. He ripped bodies to shreds and bit those who pleaded innocent, but Ron could see it in their eyes. The lies they tell. The torches in the room quivered and it was quite. Everyone in the room was dead, or so he thought. "Let's go!" Shouted a voice and Ron turned around angrily, only so soften his gaze when he saw Reginald carrying Blaise, his toga long and forgotten on the floor. Out of nowhere, more vampires started running towards them with immense supernatural speed and Ron ran. "Lead the way!" He shouted to Reginald who lead them away from the room. "We have to stop the leaders before they reach the sun! They'll be practically unstoppable if not!" Reginald panted, taking care not to damage Blaise's body. "We need to turn him!" He shouted back to Ron who stopped dead in his tracks. "What do you mean?" He asked incredulously. "We-oh my gosh. You have to t-turn him! It's the only way to crumble this place to the ground!" Reginald heaved in reply. Just meters away, they saw the four leaders advancing towards a large entry way where the sun was visible and on the other side, thousands of vampires hurtling towards them. I'll distract them! You turn him! "He ordered and Ron shook his head."I-I can't. What if I hurt him?!" He cried and Reginald slapped him. "Listen to me man! It's the only way to save him! It's the only way to actually bring back the dead! You'll be alright. If I can do it, you can too." Reginald said, softening his face. The white haired boy nodded reassuringly before running at top speed towards the leaders."I'm sorry Blaise, please come back." Ron pleaded and he leaned down to Blaise's neck and bit. He felt his canines elongate and was shocked when his bottom two teeth did as well. Ron pushed the vampire venom through his teeth, like he had felt Reginald do to him a few months ago and pulled away as quickly as possible. He stared at Blaise and started crying. "I'm sorry! I couldn't save you and now you're gone!" He cried. He then jumped up in shock. Literally shock. Something had shocked him. He looked down at his mate. His chest was glowing a bright, white light and his fingers had electricity sparking around them. Blaise opened his eyes with a jolt. They were crimson. "Ron?" He gasped and Ron threw his arms around him, Blaise did the same. He pulled back and kissed Blaise on the cheek. "Let's go kill those asswholes."
He smirked and both stood up. "It might be really weird to run so fast for the first time so please be careful?" Ron suggested and Blaise nodded fondly. The two of them sprinted towards the leaders who were currently being stalled. The halls they ran past looked like a blur. Ron looked over to Blaise as they were running and marveled as electricity followed him like a blinding streak. "Oi! Cormac!" Ron shouted once they had stopped and Cormac turned around. Blaise watched in shock as Ron bit down in Cormac's neck and practically shred him to smithereens. He was honestly quite turned on. Astoria and Lavender shrieked as the life from Cormac vanished and lay dead, on the ground with his eyes open. Lavender lunged at Ron but Blaise stepped in between them, grasping her throat. He grinned as Lavender scratched at his hand. The heat inside him bubbled and his arms was engulfed in hot electricity, burning Lavender's neck. He squeezed tighter and tighter until he threw Lavender onto the ground. He leaned down and pulled her hair, decapitating her. All with a smile. Astoria and Daphne stared at the pair in fear before running towards the sunlight. They ran into it and thier eyes glowed brighter then ever to the point where it was blinding. Out of overexertion, Blaise fainted and Ron caught him before he hit the ground. "We have to go! They're too powerful now!" Reginald came out of nowhere, pulling Ron along with him to the forest surrounding the large, ancient  building. "What about getting rid of the Coven!?" Ron asked as they ran into the woods. "Blaise isn't well enough! He's the only giant here and that place in enormous!" He shouted back and Ron nodded in understanding. They ran and didn't stop. At some point, Ron caught a glimpse of the the train tracks the Hogwarts Express usually takes and smiled. He knew where to go and after about a day on running, the finally made it to Hogwarts.

Home