I Love You

Ron and Blaise were strolling along the barren corridors of Hogwarts. Christmas Eve was a few hours away and both had somehow managed to figure out how to control their elements in the short space of time they had. Reginald had taught Blaise how to control his inner vampire and so far, most things were going swimmingly. Except for the fact that both boys were still too week to grow into their giant forms. Everything was tense, everyone awaiting what lay ahead the next day. The Weasleys, Remus, Sirius, Tonks, Kingsley, more of the Order and Dumbledore's Army had either come back or stayed at Hogwarts to fight besides the mates. Blaise gripped Ron's hand a bit tighter before coming to a hault. "How long has it been glowing?" He whispered, motioning to Ron's glowing chest. Ron took out his necklace and gazed at it, before staring at the glowing ring on Blaise's middle finger. "What if-"
"No Blaise. I know where this is going.
I'm going to be fine," he tried to reassure the terrified tribrid but Blaise shook his head. "I'm not going to be able to protect you, or the others. Ron, your family, and people I hadn't even met before yesterday are coming to keep me safe. I can't help but feel bad," he sighed and Ron sat down with Blaise against a windowsill illuminating the mood light into the dark corridor. Blaise lowered his head and pulled Ron closer. "Can I kiss you? We haven't in a while and it's driving me metal?" Ron whispered and Blaise made no effort to stifle his snort before leaning his nose against Ron's. "You don't have to ask," he smirked and Blaise's heart felt lighter than it had been in the past three weeks. The kiss was long and soft, both boys expressing emotions they couldn't put words too. They're lips moved in sink and Ron chuckled a bit when he heard no beating sound ringing in his ears as they kissed. No, tonight, Blaise's heart was as still as ever and would remain that way. Blaise's hands found home in Ron's wavy locks and Ron played with the lapels of Blaise's dark blue shirt. Ron pulled back, in need for air and fluttered his eyes open. "Gorgeous," he whispered as he stared into Blaise's dark eyes. His eyes were like chocolate mixed with subtle hints of caramel and hazel...and had a bright glow that Ron couldn't get enough of. Meanwhile, Blaise couldn't look away from Ron's own eyes. The ocean swirled in his irises, reflecting the sky's stary face. The edges of his irises were a brighter then the middle and Blaise wanted to sink, he wanted to drown in Ron's pools of emotion. There was so much unknown but pleasurable air filled the room and it was just the two of them. Blaise couldn't hear the crickets mocking their solitude, he couldn't feel the snow sitting against the windowsill on the other side of the glass. All he could feel was Ron. Blaise's hands lit up and small fragments of lightning danced around his fingers. Ron enclosed both his hands around Blaise's and soon, both their hands were engulfed in lightning and fire. A symbol of their energy for each other.
"Blaise?" He murmured, never taking his gaze of the God like boy in front of him.
"Mhm?" Blaise hummed, his lips parting ever so slightly.

"I-I love you."

"I love you to."

The next day, everyone gathered in the Entrance Hall, hearts racing for the battle they were about to fight. Neville, Seamus, Dean, The Weasleys, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Kingsley, Luna Goyle and Theo all came back from their Christmas vacations to fight and Ron didn't think he's ever felt so grateful. "Alright, we all know why we are here. We are here to fight the battle of the Second Prophecy involving Mr Weasley and Mr Zabini," McGonagall addressed everyone. "The objective is to keep the Ends away from Mr Zabini or else we're all as good as dead. Mr Weasley is a tribrid, giving us a great head start.....but not for long." She said gravely and Blaise squeezed Ron's hand. "Professor?! I see them! At the gates!" Reginald shouted from his post next to the large doors, keeping a look out. "Merlin's beard, I wasn't expecting them to come so early!" She said troubled and fear settled in everyone's hearts. The Golden and Slytherin Trio ran together for a group hug. "I love you guys!" Pansy sniffed, giving everyone a kiss on the cheek, except for Hermione who got a long and passionate kiss on the lips. "We can do this!" Harry said, shaking slightly. The group bid goodbye to Blaise and Ron pulled him into the corner as everyone hastily got ready. "Take it," he murmured, pushing his necklace into Blaise's shaking hand. "No, Ron I-I couldn't-"he muttured and a tear fell down his cheek."I'll see you when this is all over." He said, giving Blaise a passionate kiss. Blaise wrapped his arms around Ron's torso and pulled him closer before they were forced to let go by the sound of McGonagall's voice telling them that the sisters requested audience Ron." I love you," Ron whispered. Blaise was about to run after him but Draco held him back. "I love you!" He shouted just as Ron and the rest of the Order sauntered outside. "Blaise, we have to hide you. NOW!" Draco hissed and Blaise took one last fleeting glance at the door before sprinting to the RoR with Draco. When they got there, Draco passed past it three times and a door opened. They walked inside and Blaise was awed to see it was a room that looked very much like an Auror training center. Draco muttered protection charms around the room before walking back to his best friend, his brother. "Draco-" Blaise whispered. "Be safe, please. I don't know what I'd do without you and Pansy." He sighed, hastily wiping a tear away and Draco's own tears fell down his pale face. "We love you Blaise," he muttered before pulling him into a hug. The room quaked dangerously and they pulled apart. Blaise clutched onto Ron's necklace like he had never clutched anything before.

"It's started."