Odds And Interests

Draco and Pansy looked everywhere but they couldn't find him. For being such a tall guy, Blaise's good at hiding.
"Dray, what if we don't find him!" Pansy asked looking on the verge of tears. Draco pulled her close and she cried in his chest. "We'll find him Pans, he's a big guy, he can't be that hard to find." He tried to reassure her.
"Ok."Pansy sniffed and they carried on the search for the third of their trio. But just like Pansy and Draco, Ron wasn't having much luck either. The guilt was getting to him and he needed to sort this out. So, in an effort to calm down, he went up to the Astronomy Tower. He ran up the metal steps and leaned against the railing, he closed his eyes and listened. The sound of the light drizzle and the bustling trees was enough to cool him down, he wished it never ended, but his eyes immediately snapped open when he heard something. He strained his ears against the light rain and listened hard. He heard the faint sound of what he new was a muggle instrument called a guitar playing Boys in the Street by Austin Percario. A song thay Harry frequently listened to. Then a high-ish and the most calming voice Ron had ever heard, started singing.

Listen to the song first if you want the full experience.

"When I was younger, my daddy told me I would never.
Never amount to nothing special, he'd come at me from every angle, he'd say;

'You're the last thing I wanted, the last thing I need.
How am I gonna answer when my friends tell me my son..................was"

But the voice croaked on the last word, the guitar stopped playing and the voice let out a muffled sniff. Wanting to know the face that belonged to the heavenly voice, Ron tried to listen for more sniffs.

"(Sniff)"
He followed and found himself standing on the railing, holding on for dear life. He, somehow, jumped onto the roof and slowly stood up. And to his shock, there, sitting cross-legged in the rain on the flat part of the roof was Zabini, a white guitar in hand, dripping with water. He was looking down at his fingers where a silver ring with green gems was wrapped around his middle finger, twirling it, deep in thought. Blaise must have not noticed Ron cause he hadn't looked up, he hadn't seen Ron moved closer to him and he jumped out of his skin when the red-head called his name. "What are you doing here?" The Slytherin asked. "Looking for you." Ron answered, taking a seat next to Blaise.
Blaise looked him up and down before speaking again." Why?"
"What I said, earlier. I didn't know, and......" He said, clearing his throat a bit. "I'm sorry." He finally said. Blaise turned his head to face Ron and Ron did the same. He furrowed his eyebrows, making his lips twitch, staring the Gryffindor right in the eyes. Ron, on the other hand, was trying his hardest not to look down at Zabini's lips. They were so full and soft looking. Nonchalantly, he took a quick wiff of the air. Sugar cookies, chicken, shoe polish, rain and........carrots was all that he could smell, why couldn't he smell the carrots before? "Why do you care?" Zabini finally said and Ron blinked. He hadn't noticed they were having a staring competition until Zabini spoke. "I-uh. I feel bad for what I said. No one should go through that, not Parkinson, not Malfoy, not even you." Ron replied honestly. Blaise blinked a few times before nodding.
They both didn't speak for a while before Ron broke the silence. "Was that you singing?" He asked. Blaise licked his lips. "Mmhm." He hummed.
"You have a, very different voice from the way you speak to the way you sing. You sing much higher." Ron chuckled which made the darker boy chuckle as well. "I know, it's quite odd." He said. Ron shook his head slightly. "Not odd, no. It's-" He was struggling to finish the sentence because the only word he could think of was 'beautiful' but he wasn't about to say that to someone he hated. So he settled with a simple, "Interesting."
The sound of rain was now pounding heavily on their faces over took them and they sat in silence once more before-"Ron!?" It was Hermione. She and Harry had come looking for him.
"Do me a favour and tell Draco and Pansy that I'm fine." Blaise said, turning to face Ron again. "Yeah, sure Zabini." Ron muttured as he got up. He swung himself off the roof and into the tower where Harry and Hermione were discussing his whereabouts, until they saw him of course. "How did you-never mind. We have news on your situation!" Harry said and they left the Astronomy Tower, Ron taking one last glance at the railing.

"Okay, so. Harry and I were looking at a few books on vampires and we found out that there is a pro-" Hermione said but Ron, coming to a realization immediately cut her off.
"Prophecy! Yes! I forgot to tell you guys, last night I had this weird dream." Ron informed and he began telling Harry and Hermione everything that happened in the dream, from where he couldn't speak to where she began chanting. "Do you remember what she was chanting?" Hermione asked, looking at Ron inquisitively. But the red-head just shook his head. "I know it was something about blood though." He said. "Harry, please go find this book?"
Hermione asked, not looking up from her own. "Sure." Harry said, fixing his glasses before walking in between the shelves, coming back a few minutes later a little red. "You alright mate?" Ron asked his best friend. Harry just answered with a short, "Fine" before digging his nose as deep in the book as humanenly possible without looking like he was laying his head down. Ron looked at him weirdly before bringing the other book closer to him.

Odd