365 Days Before

𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍,  𝙽𝚈 ✰ 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟶

𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍,  𝙽𝚈  ✰  𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟶

"Fusco, Anthony!" A female voice called.

The dark-haired nurse looked up from the manilla folder to see a man in white shorts and a tank top in front of her. She set the folder down and grabbed the syringe.

"Sweetie, do you really have to do this?" The man asked as he walked to the nearby table. "I'm not gonna get Yellow Fever in my barracks."

The nurse laughed as Anthony took off his shirt.

"Now if you'd rather, she can do it." The dark-haired nurse looked over at the girl in the station next to her.

She was relentless. Without a warning, she would stab the syringe into the men's lower back about an inch down their butt. Anthony Fusco looked over and winced. The nurse tapped the syringe in her hand.

"Whoa, whoa. J-just give me a minute."

"Oh honey, the government says stick em, we stick em." She raised the needle and drove it into his skin. Anthony fell over on the table and sighed.

Anthony left the station and the nurse grabbed the next folder.

"Walker, Daniel!" She called but stopped herself and looked down.

She read the name again.

"June?" She heard a familiar accent asked.

She looked up and locked eyes with her long lost friend. Danny Walker was a lean but muscular boy with thick dark hair. He was June's brother's best friend. A man she hadn't seen in almost a year. About 11 months ago Danny Walker and Rafe McCawley got shipped off to basic training. June's father had died when she was sixteen. The following months after his death Rafe was distant. After a few years of distancing himself from his family he finally came back around, but as soon as the four year anniversary of their fathers death hit, Rafe had enlisted in the Navy.

"Danny!" She exclaimed.

June wrapped her arms around Danny.

"Since when are you a nurse?" Danny asked, letting go of June.

"Since two months ago. Basic training can take you a long way. I'm lucky, I barely pass the age minimum at 19."

"D-does Rafe know?" Danny asked.

June looked up at him and shook her head slightly.