307 Days Before

𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝙽𝚈  ✰  𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟿𝟺𝟷

"If the call of duty means seeing 150 men in their underwear every day we are here to serve

"If the call of duty means seeing 150 men in their underwear every day we are here to serve." A blonde raised a bottle to the sky as the girls around her laughed.

June was a seat next to Evelyn on the train. Both girls had on dark jackets with colorful dresses underneath. Sandra, a tall brunette nurse with round glasses sat across from June. Next was Sandra was Betty, a bubbly blonde who was currently laughing her head off.

"I can't believe it!" Betty giggled louder. "Saturday night in New York City! Do you know what there doing where I'm from?" The three girls shook their heads. "Nothing! Cow tipping."

The fellow nurses laughed.

"That's why you join the Navy, hun." Another blonde nurse stated from across the aisle.

"May I remind you, Barbra we're Navy nurses, not tourists," Sandra said looking up from her book.

"Girls were going to have so much fun tonight, in the city." Evelyn broke her silence.

"You gotta tell them the story, Evelyn," June said leaning forward.

"What?" Betty said suddenly intrigued. "Oh, come on tell us."

Evelyn sighed as she began to tell her story. It originated four weeks ago in the military facility. Evelyn explained the setting and how she met the boy. She explained how she passed Rafe even though he couldn't tell letters apart. Evelyn continued the story to Rafe asking her out, fainting, and breaking his nose on the metal cart. She explained how he met her outside of the building and asked her to dinner. Evelyn's story was romantic and made all the girls swoon.

By the time Evelyn finished her story the train halted. The girls all looked up.

"Oh, Evelyn. That's the most romantic story I've ever heard." Sandra confessed.

The other girls leaned forward wanting to hear more but the train jerked again. The all stood up and grabbed their items.

"Well, Evelyn wasn't the only one I saw getting cozy," Barbra said as she exited the train.

She looked back at June.

"I saw June hugging one handsome pilot."

All the girls gasped as June blushed.

"Oh, Danny?" She said quickly.