179 Days Before

The boys had one of the military planes pulled into a small hanger

The boys had one of the military planes pulled into a small hanger. The plane faced the back wall and the lower guns were exposed and aimed at the three targets on the garage wall. Gooz and Anthony, a new pilot, were sitting below the plane next to each gun. Danny and Red were on top of the plane shouting commands at the boys below him. Danny had a pair of green framed aviators over his eyes and Red was controlling the plane.

"Clear!" Anthony shouted from below the plane.

The bullets flew and ricocheted off of the garaged wall. Gooz and Anthony covered their ears as Danny watched the targets. Only the right side hit the target a few times but the left side gun was off mark. Danny lifted his sunglasses so they rested on his forehead and stepped forward.

"Aw, we're all over the page." He pointed at the targets. "We got one wall-eyed and one piegon-toed." He looked down at Anthony. "Anthony! Tap in number 6."

"Alright!" Anthony called as he grabbed a wrench.

"Gooz!" Danny called down. "Tap in number 3."

Gooz nodded then went to grab his wrench. Antony finished fixing his side then he looked up and spotted a red dress. He immediately recognized the girl who was walking towards the garage.

"Hey, you got a visitor!" He called up to Danny.

Gooz turned around at the news thinking it was for him.

"That ain't no Navy issues uniform." He muttered.

Danny turned around and laid eyes on June. She was wearing a stunning red dress that had three gold buttons over her hip. As soon as Danny's eye met her nearing body he ducked down.

"Danny," Red said as Danny ducked down. "Y-you alright?"

Danny took a deep breath then sneaked another peek at June.

"Yeah, yeah." He shook his head slowly. "No, I think I'm fallin' for her."

"Wow," Red laughed. "Ya k-know I saw this comin'."

Danny stood up and faced Red.

"I didn't want this to happen. It just kinda did." He admitted. "I can't help it."

"Danny, she's gotta be with somebody it might as well be you." Gooz called from below the plane.

"You're tellin' me if you were dead and you saw your best buddy doin' your sister you wouldn't come back and beat the livin' crap outta him?" Anthony asked as he leaned on the wing of the plane.

Danny looked down at Anthony with a concerned look on his face.

"Tony, back off." Red shouted.

"I'd be back so fast." Anthony continued.

"Danny's being a better friend, takin' care of her."

"Except that we've kissed quite a few times."

Red looked up. Danny hadn't shared many details about him and June with his friends. They weren't technically exclusive but they did have strong feelings for each other.