Night Before

𝟷𝟶:𝟹𝟶𝚙𝚖

𝟷𝟶:𝟹𝟶𝚙𝚖

"Come on!" June yelled as she dragged Danny behind her.

"June, what are we doin' out here?" Danny asked through his thin accent as she dragged him to the sand.

"Something I've wanted to do since we got here."

June let go of Danny's hand walked to the edge of the water. She held her shoes in her hand and a towel in the other. The waves barely reached her toes. Danny walked up behind her and grabbed her waist.

"What is it that you've always wanted to do?" He asked as he whispered in her ear.

June turned around and walked past him. She threw her towel and shoes in the sand then reached for the zipper on the back of her dress. Danny walked closer to her as she dropped her dress around her ankles. Then she unclasped her bra, dropping it into the sand.

"Are you sure about this?" Danny asked unsurely.

"It's nothing you haven't seen before, Danny." June giggled as she walked towards the ocean.

She waded into the water with Danny following close behind. The waves lapped against her back as Danny neared. June leaned her head back in the water.

"See how peaceful it is." She sighed.

"I never took you for someone who loved nature."

"I guess you don't know me as well as you think, Danny Walker."

Danny swam towards her and placed his hands under her back, holding her above the water.

"I know that I love you." He leaned down and kissed her. "I know that your favorite color is red." He kissed her again. "And I know that you love me."

June tilted her head forward and kissed Danny. She laughed as she pulled away from the kiss.

"Maybe you do know me."

"I'm a good listener, when I want to be." Danny kissed her again. "Don't be so doubtful."

"I'm a good listener." June laughed as she mocked Danny.

"What do you mean?" Danny pulled away from the kiss.

June laughed as her feet hit the murky sand on the bottom of the ocean.

"You're a horrible listener."

"Well, I could listen to you, June McCawley, talk for years."

June giggled as Danny planted another kiss on her lips.

"You must really love me because I remember you didn't even listen to your own mother."

Danny laughed as the childhood memories flooded into his mind.

"Well your daddy always complemented you on being a better listener than Rafe."

June looked up and smiled as she thought of her father.