7:47am

Rafe and Danny had fallen asleep in the car

Rafe and Danny had fallen asleep in the car. Danny was laid across the front seat and Rafe in the back. They were still parked on the edge of the beach next to a man setting up photography equipment. Danny shot up as he heard a distant boom.

He climbed up onto the seat of the car and gripped the windshield. Rafe sat up behind him and looked up. The two boys watched the planes flew closely overhead and towards the harbor. They turned to see the harbor in flames. Explosions on almost every ship. Planes soaring overhead. Gunshots started to echo overhead as Rafe threw himself into the front seat.

"Go!" Rafe shouted as Dany started the car.

Danny reversed the car and drove towards the base. The car sped down the Hawaiian landscape as more planes zoomed by.

"Danny, just get me to a goddamn airplane!" Rafe shouted as he looked out the window.

Danny looked over at Rafe for a second.

"I just hope there's an airfield left."

Danny turned into the small town as he sped down the streets. He drove by all the women running towards the hospital and for a second his mind fell on June. He quickly brushed the thought away and focused on getting to the closest base. He pulled up to a metal building with a large 26 painted on it.

Rafe jumped out of the car ducked behind it as Danny followed him. Planes continued to soar overhead and drop bombs on the airfield. Rafe grabbed Danny and dragged him away from the exploding planes.

"Danny, get me into a damn plane!" Rafe called as he gritted his teeth.

Danny grabbed Rafe and ran towards the building. More and more planes exploded behind them. Men went flying through the air while others tried to shoot down the planes. Danny ran into the main office and straight to the desk. Gooz was huddled underneath the desk but Danny ignored him. He quickly dialed a number and held the phone to his ear.

"Earl!" The familiar voice shouted on the other end.

"This is Walker!" Danny shouted into the phone. "We need to get those planes fueled and loaded right now!"

"What's goin' on out there?" Gooz asked from underneath the desk with a trembling voice.

"Danny, what the hell is that noise? You guys doin' target practice or somethin'?" Earl asked.

Danny took a shaky breath.

"I think World War II just started!"

Before Earl could respond an explosion went off right outside the window. Danny was knocked to the ground next to Gooz.

"Come on!" Rafe yelled as he got to his feet and grabbed Danny and Gooz.

He dragged the out to the airfield. Men were still aiming rifles and shotguns at the sky trying to take down planes but failing miserably. As Danny and Rafe ran to the car they tried to gather as many guys as possible. About seven guys piled into Danny's car before he took off.