Chapter 2

Lucy awoke the next morning with a sleepy grin on her face. Yawning, she patted her hand around next to her in an attempt to wake the dragon slayer that slept next to her. Her hand touching nothing but blankets she looked over to find that her bedmate had left, and by how cool the sheet felt it had been an hour at least. She sighed lightly, as she got out of bed and began her morning routine.

'He probably went home to get ready for the mission,' she thought as she prepared a bath. She stripped off her clothes and lowered herself into the warm water, savoring the heat as it touched her skin. She soaked for about a half hour thinking over the events that would take place that day. She'd meet Natsu at the train station in about an hour, then they'd go and meet the client to review what they need to be on the lookout for. The party wouldn't be until 7pm so they would have a few hours to prepare beforehand. She blushed slightly thinking about the mission. Natsu would be taking her and acting as her boyfriend. So they would have to dance together right.

Lucy's eyes widened at that thought. Does Natsu even know how to dance? She shook her head quickly, telling herself not to worry on such matters. "Of course he can..." She muttered to herself as she stood up and got out of the bath.

Drying herself she decided to wear her usual attire to meet the client, and picked out a powder blue and white formal gown to wear for the night. Packing that, she picked out a pair of light grey heels, a necklace with a small blue gemstone and a silver hair clip to complete the look. She began to zip her bag closed but stopped herself halfway, then retrieved an extra set of casual clothes for the following day as well as a sleep shirt.

Zipping her bag shut she placed it by the door and proceeded to blow dry her hair. After that she did up her hair, double checked that she packed all she needed, and quickly wrote a letter to her mother regaling the events of the day prior. She finished the letter, pressed a wax seal on it, and placed it with the other similar letters.

Deciding she was all set and spying the time she grabbed her belt with her keys and whip and proceeded to the door, grabbing her bag by a handle on the top. She opened the door quickly, narrowly missing a figure that was standing in it's path.

Startled, Lucy squeaked, "I'm so sorry!"

Her eyes widened as the figure waved off her apology, "It's fine. It's fine, I shouldn't 've been standing that close anyway." Muttered Laxus.

"What are you doing here?" Inquired Lucy, "is everything okay?"

"Yeah! Everything is fine!"Laxus grinned happily at the blonde standing in the doorway. "I was just checking up on you, to make sure you were okay after everything that had happened last night." Lucy blushed, thinking back to the night prior. Laxus eyed her with interest and rose an eyebrow at her, gesturing at the bag she gripped tightly. "Where are you off to?"

Lucy looked up at him, still unsure as to why he was being so...nice...to her. "I'm about to head out on a mission with Natsu." She handed him the mission request paper, "Natsu said that it's be perfect for me since I need the rent money and I like dresses."

Laxus chuckled, thinking back to the times that Bixlow had called her a cosplay queen. He stopped that thought suddenly as he noted that it was a dance. Handing the paper back to her he asked, "Does that flame-brain even know how to dance though?"

Lucy hung her head as she tucked the paper in her bag, "I don't know." She sighed. "But it should be fine." She smiled warmly at the lightning dragon slayer, somehow finding herself increasingly more comfortable around him as they talked. She had been unsure about how to feel when she had seen him the first time at the guild, back when she went on the mission to Galuna. After that she had grown to either fear him or hate him as he ignored the guild during the phantom lord incident and when he attacked the guild personally soon after. Maybe she felt both.