Chapter 14

It hadn't been long since Natsu had escaped out the door. The guild was in an uproar about the announcement, and each table of people were discussing what had been said. Gajeel had returned to the table, and was sitting angrily next to Levy.

"Did he really mean that?" She asked, her voice full of concern, "That he loved me? I don't want to hurt his feelings or anything, but I don't think." She paused, shaking her head.

Laxus cut her off, "No, he didn't mean it. Coward froze up and just said the name of the person he had been looking at." He growled, "He probably would've said my name if I was sitting just a little closer to you at that time." He shrugged.

"What I want to know is what this bet was. Care to explain Laxus?" Lucy asked him, her eyes narrowed in annoyance. "Did this have something to do with last night's scuffle of yours?"

Laxus looked away from those piercing brown eyes. He was pissed that Natsu had announced the bit about the bet, and now it came full circle as Lucy obviously put two and two together and figured out most of it on her own. "Yeah." He said as calmly as possible. She had surprised him the night before, and didn't want it to happen twice within 24 hours. "He was pissed that I said what I said to you ..on the dance floor." His face flushed slightly, "He started picking a fight with me and said the loser had to announce who we loved to the guild. That's all."

"That's all?" Erza asked, her voice proved both her confusion and irritation.

"So he really doesn't love me?" Levy asked. Laxus shook his head, and she sighed in relief.

"Good." Gajeel grumbled out.

By then Mira had joined them, and gave a mischievous smile, "Really… I didn't know you cared so much, Gajeel." She giggled.

Both Gajeel and Levy blushed, the former of the pair tsked and looked away, while the latter put her hands on her cheeks and looked down, both clearly embarrassed.

Erza smiled warmly at the pair before turning her attention to Lucy. "So." She started, keeping her smile, "What did Laxus say to you?"

Lucy's face flushed, but when she opened her mouth to speak, Laxus stopped her.

"That's none of your business Scarlet. " He said defiantly.

"It is definitely IS my business Dreyar." She replied, mimicking how he had addressed her, "Lucy is my dear friend and if you said something that could have made her uncomfortable, then I would have to take matters into my own hands and deal with you accordingly." She grinned proudly.

"It's alright Erza, I'd prefer not to say anything about it while we're in the guild. At the moment anyway." Lucy replied quietly as she noticed some of the guild watching her table carefully. "In fact I think I may head home, at least to drop off my luggage. Erza can you give me a hand?"

"Of course." Erza replied, standing up and grabbing the gift box from the client that was sitting on the table. "I'll come with too," Levy replied cheerfully, gathering up her books.

The three girls bid their farewells to the group still at the table before making their way out of the guild. Laxus grit his teeth as he watched them go.

"I should probably head home as well." He said, as he stood up.

"What? Going to follow them all the way to Lucy's?" Gajeel teased.

Laxus glared at the other dragon slayer, "No." He replied flatly, "Unlike you, I like to wear clothes that aren't ripped or burned."

The group had been so focused on the confession, that they had almost forgotten that there had been a fight only a few hours ago. Laxus turned, retrieved his bag, and left the guild hall. Gajeel grumbled and went to speak to Gray, who he had been sitting next to for most of the day.

"Hey Gra-" He turned to find that the ice wizard had disappeared sometime since Natsu made his confession. The factat he hadn't noticed Gray leave, annoyed him.

Further peeved, Gajeel turned his attention to Wendy, who had just stood up and was making her way to the bar with Mira. "Where you two going?" He asked angrily.

"To get something to drink?" Wendy answered, unsure if Gajeel was trying to tell her she wasn't allowed to do so. "Did you need something from me, Gajeel?" she asked sweetly.

Gajeel shook his head before turning his attention to Pantherlilly instead. That the small cat would be willing to talk made the dragon slayer happy, but he wasn't sure that he'd talk things over with Lilly. The cat was a warrior, through and through. Sighing heavily, Gajeel abandoned that thought and just leaned on his arm. He wasn't cut out for this kind of thing, and he knew the other two dragonslayers weren't either.

^_^