Chapter 13

The battle had been over for about an hour by the time the entirety of the guild had returned to the activities and conversations they had temporarily abandoned when they went to watch the fight. Natsu sat with Gray and Erza, as well as Lucy, Wendy, Levy and Gajeel. The group chatted happily about the fight and the mission from the day before.

Levy cheerfully told Lucy all about the mission she had gone on with her team and Gajeel while Lucy was away, and Lucy shared her thoughts on the dance and her group that she went with for the mission.

"It was amazing," She said, "Laxus really was an amazing dancer."

"Didn't think my dancing would make that much of an impression on you, Blondie." Laxus grinned proudly as he made his way over to join the conversation. He forced his way into a seat right next to Lucy, and leaned in close to her. "You weren't half bad either."

Lucy blushed a deep shade of red, and a knowing smile from Levy sent her fluttering. She turned to look at him, murmuring a thank you. Before she could say much more, Natsu cut in, trying to squeeze between the two.

"Luce, I thought it was fun, dancing I mean." He grinned at her happily, attempting to shove Laxus out of his way. The larger man on the other hand wouldn't budge.

"Don't you have an announcement to make flame-brain?" Laxus teased, "You lost fair and square, can't back out of the conditions you yourself set."

Natsu grumbled, glared at Laxus, then scooted away from the group and made his way to a table. He jumped on it, knocking over mugs and scattering plates. Taking a huge breath, Natsu prepared himself for what he'd say.

"Hey, everyone, I got something to say." He announced loudly. Most of the guild had already been watching him since Laxus had joined chatting group, and those who hadn't now focused on the shouting dragon slayer. Nodding in satisfaction, Natsu pulled himself up to his full height before continuing. "I made a bet with Laxus for our fight, loser has to announce something..." His voice quieted as he said the last bit, pink tinting his face.

"You aren't supposed to tell them about the bet dumbass." Laxus shouted at the fumbling wizard. Various members began quietly discussing their thoughts on what this bet was.

Natsu shot a glare at the lightning dragon slayer before continuing. "Like I said, I have something to say." He turned to face the table that Lucy was sitting at, her face practically screaming 'what now'. Natsu's face reddened more as he thought his words over carefully. He wasn't much for speeches like this, his usual experience was telling an enemy what for, not making heartfelt confessions. "I... I Love." He stopped, who did he love anyway? He really cared for Lucy. But did he love her like that. And then there's Lisanna. How did he feel about her. He had agreed to marry her one day when they were little, but so much time had passed and both had likely moved on. He thought he had when she had 'died'. He had met Lucy after that, and they had gotten very close. And then Lisanna had come back, and with it his childhood feelings.

Natsu shook his head, he had to choose one, he loved them both with all his heart, but he knew he couldn't choose both. If he did he'd end up receiving the love of neither. But did he want to give up Lucy to Laxus, with the hope that Lisanna may still love him, or did he want to give up Lisanna for the chance at Lucy. If he said he loved Lucy, and she didn't feel the same, wouldn't that just ruin their friendship. But what if he says Lisanna, and Lucy is heartbroken about it, she did seem upset after she had asked him the night before. Natsu shook his head again growling, he couldn't pick one without hurting the other, and he couldn't choose both, so what would he do.

The guild watched Natsu have a mental battle with himself, Laxus groaning at his friend's lack of planning. Natsu should've known he'd lose the fight and would have to announce it, then again, Laxus doubted he would've been much better up there either. "Get on with it already Natsu. We're getting old here." He shouted, attempting to encourage the dragon slayer to finish his metal fight.

Pulling himself from his thoughts, Natsu nodded . "I Love, Lu-." He stopped, "Li-" Stopped again. He couldn't do it, he hadn't had enough time to think about it since the dance the night before. "Levy." He stared defiantly at the blue haired girl, who's eyes widened in shock. Natsu realized who's name he had said, and cursed. He had been staring at Levy, while trying to figure out who's name to say, and had accidently said hers instead.

"Oh no you don't." Gajeel growled, forcing himself up and across the room. He shoved his face within inches of Natsu's, gritting his teeth hard. Natsu just stared blankly at the studded dragon slayer in front of him as various members of the guild gasped and started chatting about this new revelation. Mira stared wide-eyed at the now fumbling wizard who was trying to recover his composure and clear what was apparently a misunderstanding. Mira giggled a little at the iron dragon slayer's reaction, marveling at how close he had Levy had gotten.

"I didn't mean." Natsu waved his hands in front of him, "I shouldn't have said her name." Natsu scrambled, not finding the words he wanted, he finally retreated from the table and ran out the door.

^_^