Chapter 10

"Laxus! What the hell was that?" Natsu shouted.

Laxus looked at him confused, he had been outside for no more than a few minutes before this idiot started shouting at him. Sure, he wasn't sure that was the best way to tell the girl, but it was the best idea he had at the time. "I just kissed her, it's no big deal. I've done it before y'know."

Natsu balled his fists, "Not that." He growled, "Saying you love her. I thought you had a thing for Mira, not Lucy."

"Mira's with Freed." Laxus replied blankly.

Natsu widened his eyes, clearly having missed that couple, he shook his fist at the older dragon slayer. "Still, why Lucy?"

"Because you're too slow?" Laxus said, leaning against the railing."And because that's how I really feel." He looked away, taking in the night air and enjoying to cool breeze for the third time that night, "Are you saying that I can't like someone?"

"That's not it," Natsu shook his head, not sure how to respond.

"Besides you like Lisanna don't you? Or not?"

Natsu looked at the older man, clearly not thinking of it prior. "I love both of them. Both Lucy and Lisanna. They're my family."

Laxus shook his head, "I don't mean familial love, Natsu. I mean like love - love. Like I can picture having children with her. That kind of love."

"That kind of love?" Natsu looked down, his rage had subsided much, since he was distracted by a different kind of thought. "I haven't thought of that before."

Laxus nodded, "That's cause you're young. You'll understand when you're my age."

"Don't act like you're so much older than me!" Natsu stomped his foot in anger, earning a laugh from the blonde.

"What do you plan to do now?" Laxus asked, his voice steady and clear of the jovial sound it had moments prior. "I've made my motives clear to her, isn't about time you did too?"

Natsu looked at him confused, the thoughts running through his head. How did he feel about her? They were inseparable for the past few years, and he didn't even want to think of what it would be like if Lucy left the guild. But love?

Laxus shook his head at Natsu, who was clearly at a conflict with himself. He wasn't sure if it was a good idea to push Natsu to realize how he felt about the blonde, he didn't really want competition, but they were guild mates, and part of the Fairy Tail family. It was only fair.

"Is there anyone else?" Natsu asked suddenly.

Laxus cocked an eyebrow, "Anyone else, what?"

"That is in love with her. Is there anyone other than us."

Snorting a laugh, Laxus shook his head, "Not that I know of. Bixlow makes comments about her time to time, but nothing specific. That Sting guy was watching her a lot after the grand magic games, but she was with that other chick too, so..." He stopped himself, not too thrilled to be having a conversation like this. He never really talked to anyone about who liked who, and didn't want to continue to do so, especially considering the 'who' it was about.

After a period of awkward silence Natsu asked, "That's it?"

Laxus shook his head, irritation in his voice, "I don't care is all."

"I thought Gray liked her." Natsu spoke quietly, "That creepy copy of him from way back said something like that."

"Creepy copy?"

"What about Gajeel?" Natsu shook his head, "Nah, he's always hanging around Levy. Elfman?" He stuck out his tongue, "Nah."

Laxus narrowed his eyes at the younger man, annoyed that he didn't receive and answer. "What does it matter if there's others?"