Chapter 33

Lucy gasped in surprise as Crystal shouted at her. Lightning sparked around her, and had managed to block one of Crystal's attacks.

"Answer me!" Crystal growled, "How are you using lightning?!"

Lucy marveled at it too, at first she was unsure of where the magic came from, but after attempting to move it with her power, she found it wasn't hers at all. But, based on the other woman's reaction, it wasn't Crystal's either. And she could take advantage of that.

"Guess you don't know as much about us as you thought." Lucy said, keeping her voice calm and steady as she stood up. The lightning sparked dangerously as she moved, causing the blue haired girl to back up a step.

"No, you're a holder-type mage, there's no way you can use that kind of magic." She shook her head in denial.

"Care to try me?" Lucy asked, charging at the scuttling girl at full speed. She stopped just inches from her, and swung her leg up, kicking her as hard as she could. The lightning sparked, adding an extra force to her attack.

Crystal rolled back, "You." She growled.

Lucy sighed in relief as the magic remained, and had even helped her own attack. She was still unsure as to where it had come from, but it gave her a sudden advantage she hadn't had prior.

Turning, she rushed over to help Wendy. She scanned her for any injuries, finding nothing major, she smiled lightly at the girl, happy the magic surround her didn't hurt her friend at all. It was as if it knew who was friend and who was foe.

"How are you using that magic Lucy?" Wendy asked as she sat up.

"I'm not sure I'm using it at all, but it's confused Crystal enough that we have a chance now." Lucy whispered, trying to keep too quiet for anyone other than Wendy to hear. "I have a plan, can you help?"

Wendy nodded, "Of course."

She told her friend the plan quickly as Crystal finally managed to get to her feet, the lightning having had a stronger kick to it than she initially thought. She prepared to fight the pair of girls, shouting at them in rage.

"Ready." Wendy confirmed, as the pair prepared to attack.

"Now." Lucy lunged at the enemy mage, calling out both Scorpio and Virgo, while Wendy cast an enchantment spell on the spirits, to enhance their attacks. The four charged, ready to strike.

But a sudden explosion from above pulled all of their attention upward. Stone fell below, a few striking dangerously close. Crystal jumped back as she waited for the dust to clear, while Lucy skidded to a stop, nearly tripping on a large stone. The lightning surrounding her destroyed and small rocks that would have hit either her, or Wendy who had stopped right next to the blonde. The dust made it near impossible to see.

A shout of triumph announced Natsu's arrival to the battle, the dragon slayer hopped down and landed on the destruction he caused, a proud grin on his face. "I finally found you Luce! Wendy!" He cheered and pulled them into a tight hug before turning his attention to the spell surrounding his friend. "Well looks like you may have had this handled," He pouted slightly as he turned to face Crystal, "But I'm going to take over from here. Laxus helped you out, so you help him alright?" He didn't want to admit that if the spell hadn't been there he'd most likely arriving to a very different situation.

Lucy nodded, and headed to the jar that held Laxus, while Natsu began his attack against Crystal.

"Don't you know it's rude to interrupt a fight between women?" Crystal taunted.

"Wasn't aware that's what you were." He retorted, as he swung a fist and a quick kick as well, "Besides, it was already interrupted before I got here, what's it matter?"

She countered with her own attack, and forced him back with a bolt of lightning. Natsu grunted in annoyance, but recovered immediately and pressed the attack.

Fire and lightning mixed, as Natsu triggered the lightning Laxus had given him back on Tenrou Island. This surprised Crystal, not recalling he could use lightning as well. She hadn't seen him use it during the Grand Magic Games, and it was written down on his file, so how.

"HOW!" She shouted in anger, "How are you ALL able to suddenly use lightning too?"

Natsu looked at her in surprise, he recalled that there was some surrounding Lucy, but he recognized it as Laxus's right away. But Crystal hadn't, she thought it was Lucy's magic, and that she had been tricked.

"What do you mean?" He decided to goad her on, and try to confuse her more. "It's something everyone in Fairy Tail can do, didn't you know that?" He grinned proudly, seeing her face contort in rage as she believed her ability that she stole became practically useless against these people.

"That can't be true!" She shouted, attempting to force him back with a spell. This time he expected it, and pushed through the attack, firing of spell after spell, and pressing his advantage. Lightning and fire mixed and broke down much of her defenses, till mere moments later she fell, knocked unconscious by a particularly hard blow to the head.

Natsu looked down at the crumpled form, nodding in satisfaction, as he turned his attention to Lucy and Wendy just in time to see them break open the jar their friend was sealed in. He smiled proudly as the lightning surrounding Lucy dissipated as the blonde dragon slayer was freed from his confines.

Natsu looked on for a few moments more, before heading over to join them.

^_^