Chapter 15

Lucy, Levy and Erza made their way through Magnolia to Lucy's home. After arriving the group settled in to have tea and chat amongst themselves in a more private setting. They sipped in silence for a short time before Erza finally spoke up.

"So." She began, "How was the mission with Natsu?"

Lucy sighed at her friend, "It went fine, the client was very happy that we caught the guy with little trouble. And his wife seemed to really adore me." She sipped at her tea as she ran through the events in her mind for the hundredth time.

"I know Natsu asked you to go with him, but how did Laxus and Wendy get involved?" Erza asked, setting her cup down carefully as she watched her friend's reaction.

Seeing as she wasn't about to escape the expectant stares of her friends, and knowing she couldn't claim innocence in the matter, Lucy sighed and told them everything that had happened from the time Natsu had showed up at her home to ask her to go on the mission to their return to the guild.

She had talked for so long, only stopping for the briefest of moments to sip her tea, that her throat had begun to hurt slightly. As she finished the story, she looked at her friends awaiting their reactions.

Erza laughed quietly, "Didn't think Laxus had it in him to do something so... romantic."

"Truth be told, I didn't think he liked me like that, until he kissed me." Lucy looked down into her tea cup as she swirled the liquid.

"Did you give him a reply yet?" Levy asked.

Lucy shook her head, "No, I don't really know how I feel. I mean, I don't know if there's someone I'm in love with."

"You'll know when you need to, Lucy, don't worry." Erza gave her friend a comforting pat on the shoulder. "And we'll be here to help you with anything you need to talk about."

"Thank you." Lucy smiled gratefully at the red haired girl. She felt she made the right decision about telling her about what happened over the past couple days. She tried her best not to show it, but she had been extremely nervous talking to either Natsu or Laxus after the latter had confessed to her the other night. The thought that someone would be able to tell her that they loved her in complete seriousness was always a dream for her. But like a dream, she always believed it to be nothing more than a scenario that would only play out in her head.

And then here comes the blonde dragon slayer, dancing with her in the most formal and romantic ways possible and then confessing his love to her at the end. It just seemed like something out of a cheesy romance novel. When he had confessed to her, she had been so surprised she had no time to reply, and that seemed to be how he wanted it. He forced her into a situation where she would have to think it through before she could accept or reject him.

"What I don't get is why he would fight Natsu." Lucy muttered.

"Maybe Natsu has a thing for you Lucy." Levy offered.

"But we're best friends. He even said so when I asked him." Lucy shook her head.

Erza and Levy looked at Lucy sympathetically before their conversation was interrupted by a stomach growling loudly. Blushing Erza looked away, covering her face slightly, "I do believe it's time for dinner for me. I think I'll head home." She looked at Lucy again, smiling, "I'm still here for you if you need to talk more. I can come back anytime you need."

Lucy nodded gratefully, and the trio stood, Erza and Levy heading out the door as Lucy waved goodbye to them. After her friends were out of sight, Lucy turned to regard a lump on the bed. She had noticed it when the group had arrived, but didn't want to point it out at the time. But now since her guests had left, she felt it time to talk to her intruder.

She stood next to the bed, gripping the blankets with one hand and pulling them off in a swift motion. "Alright Natsu, get up."

The pink haired dragon slayer didn't reply to her. He curled up, shielding himself from the sudden cold and buried his face in the soft pillow on the bed.

"Don't ignore me." Lucy said, sitting on the bed, putting a hand on his shoulder. "What's going on with you?"

Natsu turned his head to regard the blonde, "Did you have to tell them everything that had happened?"

Lucy widened her eyes, "O-Of course. I trust those two with my life, they aren't going to go tell everybody what we talked about."

"I know that!" Natsu sat up swiftly. "It's just that, I." He looked away, speaking quieter. "I just don't think Laxus should have done that I guess."

Lucy cocked her head to the side, "He's free to like who he likes, you know." She paused a moment before adding, "I just wasn't expecting that person to be me."

Natsu chuckled, "I thought he liked Mira, out of everyone since he talks to her the most."

Lucy started at him blankly, "Mira's with Freed." She replied flatly.

The fact that Lucy said this practically the same exact way Laxus did, annoyed Natsu. "Don't start talking like him!"

Lucy was taken aback by his sudden outburst. "I was just stating something everyone already knew." She grit her teeth, "And don't yell at me for something like that!"

Natsu was about ready to bump heads with Lucy, his annoyance at the recent events pushing him close to the edge. He stopped and stared at the annoyed blonde before him. Then laughed a little, her face just seemed way too cute to him at this moment, "You know Lucy." He put a hand on her face and leaned close, "I really." Their noses were almost touching now, and both of their faces were flushed. Either could close the distance with a small movement. "I."

The door burst open suddenly. "Lucy I forgot. I wanted to ask if you wanted to go on another mission now that you're..." Erza stopped in her tracks as she saw the two sitting on the bed. Her face flushed to crimson, "I see, I'm interrupting something. I'll see myself out!" Erza backed out quickly, "I'll talk to you at the guild tomorrow, see you!" She swiftly closed the door behind her and bolted down the street, leaving the two bewildered wizards staring in shock at the door.

Natsu was the first to recover, speedily jumping off the bed and making his way to the door. "Well, I just wanted to apologize for how I was acting earlier, and for picking a fight with Laxus earlier. I'll head out, I left Happy behind at the guild so I'll go get him and..."

Lucy had gotten up and grabbed the fumbling dragon slayer's hand while he spoke. "It's alright Natsu. Thank you for taking me on that mission with you yesterday." She smiled at him sweetly, the smile fading for a second as she heard Natsu's stomach growl loudly. She laughed lightly, a sound that seemed almost like music to Natsu's ears. "How about to make up for all the trouble you and Laxus caused..." She put a finger to her chin in thought, "We'll go out for dinner together. Your treat." She smiled evilly, tapping her finger against his chest.

Natsu stared at her wide-eyed before laughing and bumping his forehead against Lucy's, "Fine, but I'm choosing the restaurant."

"Alright." Lucy cheered, "Just the two of us?"

"Just the two of us."

The pair then headed out the door, hand-in-hand, heading to the restaurant for their evening meal.

^_^