Chapter 24

It had all happened in a moment. Crystal had revealed the missing pages that were stolen from the night before, and when Wendy had called her on being the thief, and she had laughed.

Laughed and admitted her hand in it.

When a villain in a show reveals themselves it always seems so exciting, but when she did it, it just seemed dirty to most of the guild. True, they hadn't known her long, but she had been so sweet, so friendly, so, so good. But then...

"REALLY?! Of course it was me. Don't make that face - especially you Laxus, it really ruins your good looks." She gestured and all the members of the guild rose as one off the ground, being held aloft by an invisible force. "Your guild. Your good little guild. The big heroes of Magnolia, number 1 guild in all Fiore. You use your insane powers to take out even crazier powers, defeating those you shouldn't be able to hold a candle to. And all in the name of family." She made a face in annoyance, "You make me sick. All this power, so readily available, and you all use it to put down those you see as the bad guys."

Many of the guild members began clutching at their throats, in attempt to pry the invisible hand off them. But it was to no avail. While they were strong, they were also caught by surprise by her acting. Fear flitted across a few faces, while others grit their teeth in determination and attempted to free themselves of the invisible bonds with various movements and spells. Those furthest from Crystal were less affected by the magic and able to move most of their body, although it didn't help free them, while those closest to her, namely Lucy and Wendy, could barely even blink at the moment.

Laxus growled, "What's your point? If you hate this guild so bad, why go through such lengths to trick us?" Lightning sparked around him, but he couldn't do much other than spark in annoyance at the moment, "That's not how the other wizards did it. They didn't hide behind a fake personality, they just went straight for their goal and..."

"Lost." Crystal finished, as she descended the staircase. "Each time a guild or a wizard tried to fight you from the get go, they lost. They were beat. Now me? I'm smarter than that. I planned." She waved the papers in front of her as she approached the hovering dragon slayer. "I gathered information on the strongest of you, learned your strengths, your weaknesses. I studied you, befriended you, and learned everything I could." Standing mere inches from the blonde, she reached out touching his chest, "Even tried to get you to join me." She smiled as she tossed the papers to the floor and continued speaking "You really should have, by the way.".

Wendy watched the blue haired girl parade around, complementing herself and her genius as the guild hung in the air, forced to hear her prattle on. Those closest to her seemed to be the worst off while those furthest. Wendy paused her thoughts, realizing she could move again, albeit not much. But not much, was still something, and she took the chance as soon as she could.

Inhaling, Wendy focused her magic, preparing for the right moment. Waited. Waited. Finally, Crystal had turned her back, returning her attention to Laxus. Thanking the stars, Wendy released her spell, a Sky Dragon's Roar, sending the papers and tableware and people flying in a sudden tornado.

At least the people appeared to be flying. In truth the spell only caught Crystal and released the rest of the guild from their invisible bonds. Not letting this chance slip past, Wendy charged at the stumbling girl, releasing a Sky Dragon's Wing Attack. The attack hit head on, and an Iron Dragon's Roar caught Crystal from the side. Glancing at Gajeel, who gave a quick thumbs up before pressing on, Wendy smiled with enthusiasm at the reinforced dragon attacks.

Besieged by two dragon slayers, and judging by the look on Natsu's face, soon to be three, Crystal growled in rage. "ENOUGH!" She shouted, releasing a blast of magic that sent those nearest to her flying. "I didn't want to turn it into something like this, but you leave me no choice." She grit her teeth, her magic flaring, wings burst from her back, ripping her clothes, and she took to the air before flying towards Lucy.

Laxus had been at Lucy's side as soon as they had been released from the spell, and he turned to face the crazed woman head on. Crystal dodged to the side, using her wings to block a lightning infused punch. Reaching out she grabbed Lucy and cast a spell. Laxus reacted quick, attempting to save her, he grabbed Crystal by the wrist trying to interrupt the spell.

A delayed shockwave of magic sent the already scrambling guild members running. Crystal took advantage of this distraction to finish her spell, then vanished. The space where the blue haired girl stood was empty now aside from a few pieces of paper floating by, and Lucy stared in shock. Both Crystal and Laxus were gone.

^_^