Chapter Five - Out Of Our Heads

A/N: The audition scene that Y/N did was for the audition ONLY; this is a completely different episode. Also feel free to use these little snippets of episodes as fanfiction prompts, as long as you give yours truly a tiny bit of credit. Enjoy!

3rd June 2020

On Sunday it was the first day of filming at a house in Sheffield. The episode introduced Rhys and also saw how she becomes one of the TARDIS gang.

Emily and I rolled across the cushions and blankets, laughing hard at a YouTube clip. Tears streamed down our faces as we tried to stop ourselves. We sat up, and finally calmed down.

"I'll be back in a sec." said Emily.

"Where're you going?"

"Bathroom break. I won't be a minute."

"Okay."

I sat quietly, keeping the video on pause so we could continue watching together. I could hear her footsteps leave the door, go across the landing and...not to the bathroom.

I shrugged to myself. Maybe she needed a snack or something. There was a very long silence, and I was getting worried.

I left the iPad on the floor and crept downstairs, where I could see Emily's silhouette in the front garden, looking up at the sky.

"Emily!" I called. "Emily, you alright out there?" I opened the door and began walking towards her, my feet crunching across the frosty grass.

When I was about three feet away, she turned around and I could just see the huge grin on her face. It wasn't a 'good to see ya' grin, it was a creepy one.

Emily suddenly started to....transform. Her face and neck expanded to make a cone-like head with no hair, and her four limbs and torso copied. One by one, large and small suckers appeared all over her red body.

"Emily...?" I whispered. I backed away, but an arm grabbed me from behind a bush, and I yelled out in surprise. A woman beside me shushed me.

"Who are you?!" I whisper-shouted.

"Never mind that. The question you should be asking is what just killed your mate over there."

"Killed?" I choked.

"Zygons only transform into their original form once the copied subject has been executed. In order to keep disguised, the subject has to be alive. I'm so sorry."

"Is that all you have to say, 'I'm sorry'? Emily was my best friend, we've been like sisters since we were five, and all you have to say is 'I'm sorry'?!"

"Well excuse me for saving your life!" I rolled my eyes, but the woman continued. "Come on, we need to get back to the TARDIS."

I was pulled up and dragged behind Emily's house before I could ask what a TARDIS was.

"And.......cut!" shouted Jamie from the front of the house. Jodie suddenly pulled me behind a large bush and turned to me excitedly.

"Hey, how about we have a little fun?"

Fun.....ugh Y/N, you silly girl, stop it! Come on, concentrate on what she just said, and try not to say something stupid.

"Er..fun?" I asked casually.

"Yeah! We're gonna hide from those lot, make 'em think we've gone, then I'm gonna dress up as a Zygon and we're gonna do a little bit of role play."

"So I scream or something?"

"Yep! You in?"

"Course!" I couldn't wait to see the look on their faces.

Once the team had gone, we snuck round and grabbed a sucker-covered suit and brought it round to the back garden where I helped Jodie get dressed. I was happy that she only took off her boots.

*10 minutes later*

"Aaaah!" I screamed as loud as I could. "Guys help me quick! I'm round the back! Help!"

The red monster stomped towards me, arms out ready. I carelessly tripped over a rock and fell flat on my backside in front of a bush, giving me no escape.

"Help me please! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!"

Footsteps ran over the gravel and Mandip, Chris and Jamie appeared, shock on their faces. "Y/N!" Mandip shouted. The monster got closer and closer until it's arms were almost round my neck.....

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" It started giggling, and so did I. It placed its hand on my shoulder for support whilst I tried to stop myself. The other three stood, even more shocked and confused than before.

"Ha ha ha ha ha...ohhhh you thought I was.....ah ha ha ha!" Jodie laughed and took off the Zygon head. "It's me! See?"

"Oh my god...ha ha ha..wow...." I had to grip my stomach.

Later, we were forced to stand side by side round the front of the set house as punishment for scaring them while they drenched us with a couple of hoses. I think we deserved it.

Jodie's icy wet hand grabbed mine and she squeezed it tight. "You know, I couldn't wish for anyone else more brilliant than you to be getting soaked with!" she yelled.

"What?!"

"I said, I couldn't wish for anyone else more brilliant than you to be getting soaked with!"

"Oh! Er thanks!" I replied, getting a mouthful of cold spray in my mouth.

"You know, I don't care that it's cold!"

"Really? It's freezing that water!"

"No it isn't!"

Jodie slid off her coat and, making sure it was covered inside and out with water, chucked it right at me.

"What was that for?!"

"You're cold aren't you?"

"Yeah...but that's not what I meant!" I playfully pushed her towards the water, but immediately regretted it.

Jodie went stumbling over and onto the muddy grass, falling flat on her face. Everyone was silent; just the hose could be heard as we waited to see if she was alright.

"Oi! Y/N you get back here!" she shouted, getting up and charging towards me with a big grin on her dripping wet face.