Chapter 17 - The Nights

A/N: SDCC will last about three, maybe four, chapters, including this one. Just a note!

*time skip to about three weeks later*

23rd July 2020

A week or two before we were due to finish filming, we were invited to have a panel, be on the red carpet and have an autograph signing at SDCC 2020! I was extremely excited, since this was my first big public event as an actress.

At 4am Thursday morning, we set off from Heathrow to get there for about early evening in the USA. For the 12-hour flight, I had a head pillow, my phone, portable phone charger, two books, my ear phones and a sleeping mask.

We were sat in a three-seater, Jodie in the middle, me to the left by the window and Mandip at the end. I had heard the window seat was always the best on a plane.

As the plane ascended into the sky, my ears started ringing and popping, giving me a splitting headache. I winced in pain grabbed Jodie's hand which was resting on her arm rest.

"Everything alright Y/N?" she asked. "Yeah, just I've never been on a plane before." I muttered, my eyes still squeezed tightly shut.

"Really?!" I just nodded. "Right, take one of these and suck really hard on it whilst we're going up. If you need another just ask, okay?" Jodie opened a sticky boiled sweet and popped it into my mouth which made me giggle.

Soon after, I ordered some food and drink from the air hostess. I was expecting it to be like hospital food, really salty and mushy, but it was the complete opposite.

"So," Mandip began. "What part of SDCC are you most excited about Y/N?"

"Hm. I think meeting the fans officially is pretty cool, but honestly I think it's the outfits that get me hyped the most!" I admitted.

"Same! You know we get our own individual stylist right?" Jodie said.

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Pssst, Y/N."

I woke up with a start, my shoulders being shaken by Jodie. "Huh? What?"

"Wake up, the sunrise is outside!"

The whole plane was practically in silence because almost everyone was now asleep (bar me and Jodie of course).

"Is Mandip awake?" I didn't get an answer, only some light snoring coming from behind my girlfriend.

Girlfriend. Wow, that still felt unreal, even in my head.

Instead, I obediently looked out the plane window. We were above a peachy layer of soft clouds, exposing us to a beautiful ombré mix of oranges and yellows, spreading across the whole sky. It was like it had been painted and then blended perfectly.

"So stunning, isn't it?" whispered Jodie.

"Hm, yeah." I replied, still gazing at it.

"Almost as stunning as you." She pecked me delicately on the the cheek and I returned it straightaway, this time on her lips.

"Aw, thanks." I said in between kisses.

"No problem. You deserve it so much. Especially after everything you've been through."

"You're so sweet Jodie."

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

Suddenly Mandips voice appeared from nowhere. "Save it for the hotel, you two. Some people are trying to sleep here."

Jodie and I just giggled. "Hey, I woke you up, so by rights I'm gonna have to put you back to sleep again."

"Oh? How're you gonna do that? I'm not tired anymore." I said with a smile.

"We'll see shall we. Pop your head on my lap and I'm gonna sing for ya."

I obeyed, resting my head on her jeans. She stroked my hair, something no one had done to me for years, but something I had missed.

"You get to choose the song." she said. I didn't have to even think about it.

"Yellow!" I requested, a little too loudly. Mandip shuffled and groaned, whilst me and Jodie chuckled again to each other.

"How did I know you were gonna pick that? Ooh! It's our telepathy again!" Jodie laughed quietly.

"Must be." I said happily.

"Okey dokey. You ready?"

"Always was."

Jodie began to sing softly, filling my ears with the beautiful sound of her voice that I could never get bored of.

"Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow.

I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do.
And it was called Yellow.

So then I took my turn,
Oh what a thing to have done,
And it was all yellow.

Your skin, oh yeah your skin bones,
Turn into something beautiful,
You know, you know I love you so,
You know I love you so...."

I didn't get chance to hear the rest of the song because I fell peacefully back to sleep.