Chapter 15 - Lean On Me

30th June 2020

I was so relieved today was another (actually scheduled) day off, because today was Olivias 8th birthday. The previous day I'd nipped out into Cardiff with Jodie to pick out a card and a couple of gifts.

Jodie had a brilliant idea. Since we were a Whovian family, she was gonna dress up as the Doctor and surprise not just Livs, but hopefully everyone else too!

To get there early enough to have a full day there we set off at 7am to get there for 9 or 10. The three of us, especially me, were ecstatic about it. Tom also texted me to say that Auntie River and Uncle John would be coming. All the more people to tell.

We got there at about quarter to ten. Jodie told me she was going to stay in the taxi for a few minutes to give me some space, which was grateful for. I said I'd text for her to come in.

Livs was the first to come running out the house, her pleated blue dress flowing behind her, followed quickly by Natalie, Harry and Tom.

"How's Olivia doing on her big day?" I asked, picking her up and putting her on my hip.

"It's been so cool! Look what Natalie got me!" I rolled my eyes and laughed as she brought out the 13th Doctors sonic screwdriver and scanned my face with it.

"Y/N! How've you been?" asked Tom.

"Great!

I got hugs all round when I got in, with Aunt River and Uncle already there. After ten minutes of talking and catching up, I secretly unlocked the front door and texted Jodie.

Ready for you xx

Great! Coming in a sec! Xx

Everyone was stood around the dining table, chatting and laughing at a dirty joke Harry had probably just made. I joined them, distracting everyone by telling them to quieten and listen to the birds.

Without warning, Jodie popped her head round the oak pillar, making us all, including me, jump in surprise.

"I heard it was a little girls birthday today. Does anyone know where she is?" she asked, pretending to be confused. Everyone looked really surprised, and looked around for her.

"Where's Livs?" Natalie said.

"I think she's upstairs." suggested Uncle John. I went over and called up the stairs. "Livs?"

"Yeeeaaaahhh?"

"There's someone special here to see you!"

"Who?"

"Exactly. Come down!"

"Okay."

I walked back over to the table, and Jodie came out of her hiding spot.

"Y/N, what was- eeeekkkk!" Livs squealed in a high-pitched voice. "You're the Doctor, you're the Doctor!" she repeated and ran over to Jodie.

"You're so cute aren't ya?" she chuckled and picked Livs up. She turned around and winked at me, and I felt my family's eyes on me. But I ignored them. This was my sisters time.

Jodie came over and we sang 'Happy Birthday' to Livs whilst we helped her (safely) cut the cake with a knife.

"How'd you get her to get here?" asked Natalie a little later.

"Jodie and I work together. You know the show I got the part for?"

"Yeah? Oh! It was for..oh!"

"I thought, well, why not bring her with me for Livs's birthday? And it was her idea to come as the Doctor." I giggled.

"Aw, that's really nice of her!"

"I know! Oh, I've gotta tell you guys something!" I got my glass and a spoon and tapped them together to get their attention. Everyone stopped their conversations and turned to me, and suddenly I felt extremely nervous.

"What is it?" Aunt River asked.

"I...well....er...."

Jodie was suddenly by my side, holding my hand and giving it a confident squeeze. I gratefully smiled at her and she grinned back.

"Aunt River, Uncle John, Tom, Natalie, Harry, Livs," I addressed each of them. "Jodie and I....are going out."

They all stood in complete silence with their mouths open. Harry was the first to speak.

"What, like girlfriend and girlfriend?"

We nodded. "Cool!" he exclaimed. My aunt and uncle seemed so proud, and Tom, Livs and Natalie just beamed.

"Snog! Snog! Snog! Snog!" chanted Harry and Livs.

I laughed and shook my head, but Jodie had other ideas. She leant in close and kissed me, and they all applauded. Wow, that warm, fuzzy feeling that I got never got old.

"Y/N? Who's this?" said an annoyed voice from behind us. Everyone stopped cheering and fell silent, and Jodie and I pulled away. I gasped and put my hand to my mouth.

"Micheal?"