Chapter 19 - Let Her Go

A/N: I'm gonna be describing each thing they wear during SDCC and later chapters (can't say yet or I'll spoil it!) so you can get a good idea in your head! Y/Ns outfits/hairstyles are brief and coloured for anyone regardless of skin colour/hair colour. Enjoy!

4pm

We arrived to get our outfits and make-up done for that evening. Tonight was our first red carpet (there was one each day) and autograph signing. Our designers said weren't gonna be too extravagant, since most people will be there tomorrow.

Mandip wore a cropped black coat with good buttons over a short, knee-length olive dress with golden patterns at the hem and collar. Her hair was straightened down, she had black matte lipstick and gold jewellery and plain black ankle boots.

Jodie wore a white collared shirt with navy leggings, a gem stoned navy coat that reached her hips and a silver tie. Her hair was in dominate waves and her hair had been sprayed. She had ruby gloss lips, dangling silver circle earrings and five-inch plain black heels.

I wore a short wine red dress, that was pleated in two places at the front, with floral netting across the chest, that just brushed my knees with black leggings. My hair was in small curls and was pinned back in a couple of places. I had red matte lipstick, a golden necklace and plain black three-inch heels.

"Haha, I'm taller than both of you!" Jodie teased.

Just before we went on, she grabbed my hand. "You nervous?"

"Waaay too much. At least you're used to it." I said.

"Believe me, you never get used to this. If your smile strains, nudge me and I'll crack a joke alright?"

"Alright." I giggled.

"Basically, act natural. They don't wanna see you acting; that's for the screen. No, they want to see you chatting, smiling and having a real good time. The real you."

"Thanks."

As soon as we went in front of the cameras, though, I was almost blinded by all the sudden flashes and noise.

"Mandip! Over here and smile! Y/N, Y/N here! Jodie and Y/N together! Now three of you together! Jodie here!"

It was all just so confusing, not being able to tell where the calls were coming from. I almost lost my balance once or twice, and hoped that didn't go out to the public. I really was straining a smile as I turned and pouted and twisted this way and that.

Amongst the flashing I finally found Jodie's hip and poked my elbow into her. "Oi, what's that for?" she whispered. I gave her a pleading look. "Oh. Okay. What do you do when a pigeon poos on you?

"No idea."

"Poo on the pigeon and never look back!"

I laughed really hard for about a minute straight, wiping my eyes and then telling Mandip, who laughed at it too. I felt way better, and, with a bigger, happy grin on my face, I finished the red carpet.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Next was the official autograph signing for that day. A more unofficial one would take place during tomorrow's red carpet too, but for now it was just this one.

We each had a table, a soft chair, a drink of water, a pen and some photos of our characters. I was even more nervous now, because this wasn't just looking and waving at the public, it was talking to them. I hoped my non-existent social skills would suddenly burst into life as soon as they came.