Chapter 20 - A Sky Full Of Stars

23rd May 2020 - SDCC Doctor Who panel

Jodie's POV:

Y/N and I didn't speak for the whole morning, apart from some acting during breakfast so no one knew about our argument last night. We avoided each other as much as possible, even when we were getting ready for the panel.

Mandip wore a long, non-pleated floor-length lapis blue dress with a laced chest that was tied with cotton string in a neat bow at the back. She had a silver and navy shoulder bag, a small silver necklace and earrings with her hair densley curled and silver and navy four-inch stiletto heels. She also had blue gloss lipstick with silver accents.

Y/N wore a black, floor-length dress that had a turtleneck neckline with no sleeves that had a few small pleats. The whole dress was plain apart from two upside-down 'V's in gold glitter coming up from the hem. Her hair had been straightened with a gold clip above her left ear, gold hoop earrings and necklace with a  black and gold bag with plain black five-inch heels. She had black matte lipstick.

I wore a long, pleated chilli-red dress that reached the floor, with strapped sleeves and patterned gold-trimmed hem. I had a golden plate necklace, hanging golden star earrings and a yellowish-gold bracelet with decorated with rubies. I had laced, black four-and-a-half inch heels, a black into red ombré bag and my hair was in four dominant waves, with red gloss lipstick.

As the host showed an intro clip from Episode One, I could see that Y/N was starting to get really nervous. She was shaking and her cheeks were getting redder and redder. I finally made the decision to help, but Mandip was in there first, just as Y/N started to cry. She soothed her and gave me a confused look, which I turned away from.

Eventually, we were called on, one by one, and the questions. I mentally thought to everyone to try have a good time, since we were in the public eye. I hoped the telepathy Y/N and I seemed to have, worked for today.

The questions started off alright...

"Series 13 in three words from each of you."

"Hmmmm." Mandip thought. "Plot, exciting and suspense."

"Do you think I could say Master?" Y/N whispered to me. I was so overjoyed she was talking to me, even just a little, I didn't answer for a second.

"Yeah, go ahead. Give 'em something for the papers." I replied.

"Action, power and Master." she said, which got a huge "Oooooooooooh!" from the crowd.

"Team, fun and climactic." I said and a couple of people cheered.

....and throughout the questions, Y/N got happier and happier.

"Best moment of filming this series?"

"It's gotta be surprising Jodie with her Doctor Who birthday challenge last month!" Mandip decided, which made us all laugh, even Y/N who joined in.

"We even got to scare her with some props with the help of the technicians. Oh, and we even got Sacha in to play the Master for us! Even some Kasaavin got thrown in there." she added, giggling at the memory.

"Scarred for life after that." I said, shaking my head and grinning. "Scarred for life."

"Mines probably gotta be getting wet with this one," Y/N pointed to me. "After she dressed up in one of the villain costumes and pretended to attack me, which made everyone freak out so we got soaked with a hose as punishment!"

"Oi, I have a name you know." I told her. "Well, those two have stolen both my ideas now, so I'll go with eh je we filmed in Iona, and the day off we had. One of my best days ever that."

During the answers, I found myself reliving all of Y/Ns and Is memories, and realised how short-lived they were. How I wanted there to be way more of them, stretching over years. There are memories with women that you can't make with men.

I loved Y/N. I really truly did. I adored and loved her to the ends of the Earth and b am and wanted to be with her. My heart ached for her so much that I thought it might burst. By the time the last question came, I had made up my mind. And it was the perfect question.

"How would you describe your chemistry as fellow cast-members?"

I leaned over and nodded to Mandip, who smiled and gave me a big thumbs up. She went first.

"With everything we've done with each other, we've only grown closer. We text everyday about pretty much everything, do loads together. It's amazing." she explained.

"I can't say a lot, since I've only been in this gang for a few months. But, what I can say is that I think I've made the most fun, kind and fantastic best friends I've had in my life. You guys are awesome, and I couldn't wish for better people to work with."

I could spot a couple of glistening tears in Y/Ns eyes at the end, which she disguised with a drink of water. I hoped that what I was about to do was right. Of course it was right.

"I want to talk about these guys individually if that's alright, because I refuse be so brief about you both. First, Mandip. Ever since you joined the Series 11 team, which must've been, wow, two years ago now, you've been so bubbly, and caring and brought loads of fun to us. You and I could have 'just girls' chats on a night, laughing about the day. I'll never forget that."

"And Y/N. What can I say? We all know that Brad and Tosin could never be replaced, but you? You're something different to that. You're able to put on a brilliant smile everywhere you go, and care the very most about everyone around you, never yourself. Your question last night wasn't silly, or stupid, or anything like that. At the time, I couldn't give you an answer. But going though our memories just now, I can finally give you one. As Coldplay might put it, you're A Sky Full Of Stars, Y/N. Shall we?"

Y/N nodded, smiling broadly, and we both started to cry out loud as we joined our hands together and lifted them up high.

"We're dating each other!" we chorused happily, and kissed.