Chapter 14 - The Truth

Quick A/N: As a one off, 'T/F/L' will mean 'The First Letter' (of Your Name) *hint hint guys*

26th June 2020

A whole week of busy filming later, Jodie and I were alone in my trailer. Mandip was having another one of her 'naps' and everyone else was packing up and all the rest of it.

We were sat side by side on my sofa in silence, neither of us quite knowing what to say. Jodie cuddled a small cushion. We hadn't had much time to talk about what happened, so I supposed this was my chance. But I just couldn't form the right words.

"How's Olivia then?" Jodie asked.

"She's good, yeah. She has her 8th birthday on the 30th so I'll probably go up and see them."

Jodie perked her head up with interest. "Could I come? I mean, Mandip could always come too, but I'd love to meet them properly."

I giggled a little. "What is it with you and my family?" She just shrugged, an adorable shrug, and said "I don't know; maybe I just wanna get to know my best friends fam."

At the same time she shuffled closer to me and rested her head on my shoulder. My breathing quickened and I tried to stay calm. It was hard, but with a few deep breaths I stopped sweating.

Jodie sniffed and closed her eyes. "Hmm, you smell of chocolate."

"What type?" I asked jokingly.

"Hmmmmm, I think it's 89% dark chocolate, with hints of rose and mint. Very strong, but very tasty."

My breathing went sky-high again. Was she using chocolate as a metaphor? If so, about what? Me? No. Was she?

She shifted a bit, still with her head on my shoulder, and smiled. "You know, your kiss, it felt good." she whispered.

"Good?" I trembled a bit.

"Yeah. Actually, more than good. You might even say it was brilliant."

"Oh."

Jodie left a few seconds after my answer before speaking again. "You're so awesome, Y/N, you know that right?"

"I.." I stuttered.

"I mean," she practically interrupted me. "You're the most fab person I know. You're stunningly pretty, almost as much as yours truly here. You're brill at everything you do. You always, always, put the needs of the people around you before your own."

"However, you can really get yourself down sometimes. But, I think, with the right person to support ya, you can really shine. More than you already do, of course."

I burst into tears right there, in front of her. They came one at a time at first, soon turning into a full-on waterfall of tears in my hands.

"What's wrong Y/N? What did I say? Did I say something wrong?" Jodie asked, putting a strong, caring arm around me, which made me cry even harder.

She let me calm down after a few minutes. "Come on, I'm sure Doctor Jodie can sort it out." I laughed a little, wiping my nose on the back of my hand. I probably looked a complete mess.

"It's just that.." I sniffed and Jodie handed me a tissue, which I blew my nose on. "No one's said anything that nice to me in years."

"What, not even Tom, Natalie, Harry or Livs?" she said, clear ply surprised.

"Nope. We made a pact to not be as complementing as our parents, so we could easily forget about them." I bit my lip, trying hard to to cry again.

"Oh." She paused. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I...I don't really know. Probably not. Sorry." I quickly cleaned up my face and chucked the snotty tissue into the bin.

"What about this? I think we need to get finished what you started."

She kissed me on the lips before I could make a sound. I sank into it and closed my eyes, my lungs gasping and my heart racing. My stomach did somersaults when she began to slowly stroke my neck as well.

For once, I didn't pull away, or feel really nervous. I was all the way up on cloud nine, flying away from reality in an instant. Like Jodie had said herself, it felt really brilliant.

I had the sudden bravery to place my hand on her cheek, which she didn't seem to mind at all. In between kisses she grinned, still with her eyes closed, making me chuckle to myself.

Once we'd stopped, she fiddled with a strand of her beautiful blonde hair and gazed straight into my eyes for ages. I had flashbacks of when she had ice cream on her nose, and smiled. She mirrored it.

"You know, you never told me who that person was."

"Who?"

"The person you.....love."

"Oh."

I giggled nervously. Wasn't it obvious? I kind of hoped it was, and kind of hoped it wasn't. I should really tell her. Hmmm.

"Okay, so you're gonna have to guess." I said.

Jodie pouted and I laughed. "Aww why?" she asked. "Pleeeaaasssseeee tell me."

"Nope! You have to guess from my description."

"Fiiiiiiine." she moaned. "Tell me about them. Or her. Or him."

"Okay, so she is extremely fun to be around, she's very, very funny and adorable, and caring. Oh, and she is very beautiful. I could be in her company for hours."

"How long have you been in love?" Jodie asked me.

"Errr...wow....must be about 8 years to date? Yeah, 8 years." I confirmed.

"And how long have you known this person, in person?"

"Ooh..just over a month."

Jodie seemed surprised. "Someone on Doctor Who then?" I nodded. She licked her lips, thinking hard.

"Final question. What letter does their first name begin with?"

Uh oh. Now I had to tell her. I took a deep breath in.

"J."

Almost immediately, Jodie practically leaped onto me, giving me a big bear hug. She was right on top of me, her warm arms wrapped around my waist.

"You know who mine is?"

"No, who?" I asked.

"T/F/F. And I would love her to be my girlfriend."

We sat up and kissed again, this time for longer. When we pulled away, there was a sudden round of loud applause from outside. We peered outside the window, and I flushed a bright scarlet with embarrassment.

What seemed like the whole Doctor Who team were jumping up and down and clapping, and guess who was right at the front, standing next to Chris, squealing.

Mandip Gill, that's who.

"Congrats you guys! When's the wedding?" she shouted through the window. Jodie and I shared a confused look and looked back at Mandip with raised eyebrows. Then, whether it was for show or not, Jodie kissed me again, full on the lips, and everyone cheered.

Well, that saved us from telling them all, then, didn't it?