Chapter 11 - Happy

WARNING: THIS WILL BE A LONG CHAPTER, IE: BETWEEN 2000 and 2900 WORDS. BUT CONTAINS MAJOR STORY/CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AT THE END.

17th June 2020 - still in Cardiff

Your POV

My alarm bleeped for 6am, ringing through my ears as I rolled over and groaned. I was confused at first why it was going off so early, but then I realised what day it was. I leaped out of bed and speedily got ready, grabbing the bags.

Before meeting everyone inside, I crept over to Jodie's trailer and peeped in the window. She was laying on her stomach, face turned towards me, and she appeared to be lightly snoring. I stared at her before realising the job we had.

I jogged the rest of the way to the building, where they were already setting up inside the TARDIS set, testing the lights and sound. Mandip waved me over.

"Hi! Sorry I'm late." I panted. "I've just checked, and Jodie's still asleep. Here's the rest of the decor." I held up a bag and she looked in.

"These are perfect Y/N!" she gasped "Where were you thinking of putting them?"

"In the graveyard. I think they'd set the mood pretty well." I explained. Just then, Ben, the one of the technicians, fastened a headset identical to Mandips' one to my head and patted me on the shoulder.

"Now you look like a proper Head of Birthday!" he chuckled and walked away.

My first message came through. "Hi Y/N, it's Nick."

"Hi Nick." I giggled. Just using the microphones was hilarious.

"Me and the lads are bringing in the Daleks at eight."

"Yep, thanks. See you then." I couldn't help laughing. "Oh, by the way, Hannah's got Jodie a single interview for today in London, so she should be back about 5 or 6pm, giving us loads of time to set it all up."

"London?! That's ages away! Why so far?" Mandip asked.

"Jeremy Vine from Radio 2 wants her in for noon, and I suppose the trip's pretty time consuming."

"Yeah. Honestly, I'm so glad Chris and Nikki gave us this day off." sighed Mandip.

"Same. We wouldn't have nearly enough time to do stuff. Oh, I've got a gift for her. Do you wanna see it?"

"Sure!"

I opened the other bag and brought out the small paper carrier. Carefully, I lifted out the precious object.

"Wow! Oh my god, Jodie's gonna love you for that!"

"I hope so." I mumbled, smiling.

It was a huge effort to get everything ready. We needed the Angels' sensors to work properly, the lights to be fully charged, the mini cameras hidden in the best places, the Daleks to be painted. Oh yeah, and the massive cake to be baked. We even had Sacha Dhawan in for it.

I dipped in with everything I could, enjoying every moment of it. After all, I was in charge. I couldn't let Jodie down on her big day, could I?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

QUICK A/N: THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A FILMING SCENE, BUT IT ISN'T.

Jodie's POV:

By the time Hannah and I got back from London, it was almost dark already. She'd wished me a good birthday, but I hadn't seen anyone else, cast or crew, that day.