Chapter 12 - I'll Be There For You (aka Happy - Part Two)

Your POV

I pulled away from Jodie, who's eyes were wide with surprise. "Wow!" was all she said.

"I...I'm sorry I did that. I know you're married and everything but..." I mumbled, looking away from her.

"No no no, don't be. I..wow."

"It was stupid of me, I'm sorry. I.....I'd better go." I got my bag and coat and stood up.

"Y/N don't! Come on, sit back down. Let's have a chat a least." Jodie pleaded. I really didn't want to chat with her; anything I said would probably come out wrong or something like that. But in the end I was forced to go back next to her.

"Right. Okay. Well, that was really........nice." she began.

"Don't lie. You're married." I mumbled.

"I'm not lying! I promise! Why would I lie to you Y/N?"

"I don't know!"

"Exactly! Just, listen to me."

"Fine."

Jodie sighed to herself and moved closer to me, putting a safe arm around my shoulders. I closed my eyes tightly.

"You know, I've never met anyone like you before right? I mean, you're kind, hilarious, warm, fun, brave.."

"I've told you before, I'm not brave, or funny, or anything like that. I'm not cool, I'm definitely not fun, and I can't act either. All I am is an adult with teenagers dream that will never come true no matter how hard I try. How ever many times I fail, I'll never get better."

'All these obstacles get in my way that I can't jump over, so they keep building up and up. Until one day, the solution comes. They're so pretty, cheerful, funny and the best person I know. I love them so, so much. I really do. But they're  so hard to reach. I was almost there, Jodie, but I couldn't quite make it. Something always knocks me, and I don't know what it is.'

We sat there in silence for about a minute. I could tell Jodie was thinking about what I had just said, but my mind was full of confused thoughts. Why was I confused? It was the first time I told anyone about my true feelings, and now I was way too confused.

Finally, Jodie spoke.

'Can I just ask, who is this person? The...person you...' she coughed for a second. '..love.'

Before I could reply, my phone rang. I recognised the ringtone immediately. I hastily rummaged around for it and answered.

'Sorry, I've gotta take this. Tom? Why are you calling me now?' I asked my brother.

'It's Livs.'

'What about her?'

'Y/N, it's happened. She's gone.'

'..Gone?' I stumbled.

'Disappeared. She seemed okay at dinner, but when I checked in on her, she was gone. She's taken her rucksack, and a water bottle, snack bars, two of her dolls and Harry's old scooter.'

At this point my coat and bag were both back on and I was leaving Jodie's trailer. 'I'll be there ASAP.' I ended the call, brushing my eyes with my sleeve.

'Y/N! Where're you going?' Jodie called after me.

'Nowhere! Just..tell Chris I won't be here for a couple of days alright?' I said, quickening my pace.

'I'm coming with you!' she shouted. 'No, your not!' I yelled back. I didn't need her at this moment. This was something I could handle perfectly myself, like I did last time. I left the trailer parking area and onto the street.

'Yes, I am.' Jodie said. She caught up with me, finishing buttoning up her coat. 'You can explain it all to me on the way if you want to, but I'm coming whether you like it or not. Look, there's a taxi place just here.'

A couple of moments later, a car pulled up and we got in. 'Where're we off to, lovely ladies?' asked the driver.

'27 Rosebud Avenue, Ealing, London, please.' I mumbled.

'As fast as you can, extra cash if you get us there in under two hours.' Jodie added. The driver just nodded and set off on a high speed.

'Jodie, you don't have to..'

'Yes I do! That's what I'm here for!' She answered, getting her phone. It was ringing; presumably Chris or Mandip wondering why she had just left site without telling anyone.

'Hiya, yep we're sorry. Oh, Y/Ns with me. Urgent problem at home I think. Er, might be a couple of days. I know! I know, but it's pretty serious. I'll text you updates. Okay. Yep, see you later. Bye, bye.'

I didn't bother listening to the majority of the conversation. I was too concerned about Livs. My heart was beating so loud and fast that I could hear it in my ears.

We should've told her earlier, so she didn't get herself into this sort of mess. What if she had been kidnapped, or even killed?

And then I had to bring Jodie into all this. The one person who, whenever I thought about her, could take me away from any situation. My escape from reality. But, now I'd brought her into it, that was all ruined.