↘︎ chapter fifty-one

51 | The OWL results

After Harry Potter had expressed a desire to understand what was happening and why he didn't know so much, after long quarrels at dinner, Mrs. Weasley sloped but drove out all those who weren't legally adults. Which meant that Marley Mаcmillan had to leave. However, the twins remained in the kitchen. She walked with Hermione and Ginny down the hall to their room, but when they came in she quickly took her two sketchbooks, a pencil and a tire, and told them she would have to talk to the twins and wait for them in their room.

Now she was standing on her bed in their room, drawing in her old sketchbook. It felt a little strange that Fred and George had been looking at Marley's drawings. Some were more personal than others. But now she was trying not to think about the upcoming conversation because she was feeling worse. But how did they find her sketchbook at all? Why hadn't they returned it to her? Why had she been kept for two days before being so unceremoniously returned to her? Marley couldn't get those answers alone.

She was looking at the drawing of the already accomplished Weasley family, which only finished a minute ago. This drawing may have started two years ago, and as Marley didn't have time to finish it, some of the siblings looked a little older than they should have been. Still, the drawing remained unique.

A few years ago, Marley discovered a picture of her mother in her youth - along with Noelle Black (then Potter), James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Petigrew and Remus Lupin. She had started drawing it early in the summer vacation and had been quite successful so far. It must have been an hour or more since she was in the twin room. Marley was already dozing off, and she was starting to drift off to sleep, lying on her bed, with a sketchbook left open to her mother's and her friends drawing, with materials scattered everywhere.

Suddenly some dim light shone through her face and she opened her eyes. It was still dark outside. Fred and George were sitting on the floor with their legs crossed, whispering to each other. Marley rubbed her eyes and rose to her bed. The boys sensed her and looked at her.

"When did you come back?" she asked. "What time is it?"

"We came fifteen minutes ago." replied Fred.

"You're sleeping like a baby and I didn't want to wake you up." added George with a grin. "Anyway, why are you here? Wasn't it this time of the week? Where you sleep at Hermione and Ginny's room?"

"It still is." Marley sat on her bed, feeling really sleepily, althougt she must have been sleeping no more than twenty-five minutes. "I just wanted to talk with you two. About my sketchbook. I know you've looked at everything. Yes, I'm mad. This is personal thing, boys."

"But?" Fred raised eyebrows, hope in his voice. "Okay, maybe you're a little too obsessive with us. Or we're just amazingly handsome and you can't stop drawing us."

"If you call literally five drawings of you, a little too obsessive, fine." chuckled Marley. The second sketchbook she received from the twins for Christmas had three drawings of George and two of the twins. She was just spending so much time with them and thought the idea of drawing them wouldn't be that bad. And it wasn't. But still, she felt embarassed when they found out about its content. "Where did you find it?"

"On your bed." shrugged George. "In the girls' room. Seriously, I thought this was your other sketchbook. With drawings of everything. We came to look for you but you weren't there. Hermione and Ginny were only there and they mentioned something about fighting with cockroaches and beetles in the dining room."

"They didn't really paid attention on us and then I noticed your sketchbook." added Fred. "I also thought it was your other sketchbook. We took it, but we just wanted to see your drawings and then bring it back to you."