Chapter 3: Forward Momentum

The two Conduits walk over to Kuo was the ship was docked. "Zeke, you move that boat at the first sign of trouble," Kuo orders him. "Aye, aye. Super spy," he answers her. "You expecting a little action?" Cole asks her, "Isn't that why we're here?" Cassandra asks as she places her hands on her hips.

Cole smirks at her a little and they both look at the agent. "Militia's going to be on guard after that stunt you two pulled in the swamp," she informs them and Cassandra pulls up one of her hands and electricity course through her palm. "I know I'd be pissed." he jokes and Cassandra chuckles and drops her hands as the electricity was gone.

Then they started to walk, "Why didn't you blow up those oil tanks in that camp? Would've made getting through a lot easier." Kuo states and looks at them, "And where the fun it that?" Cassandra asks as she walks past her to the gate, then Cole walks up to Kuo. "What she means is, we're not about to start torching families to make our lives easier." he translates for her then walks up next to Cassandra. "Good, that's what I want to hear. You made the right choice. I'm impressed, you acted like a professional." she states and Cassandra snorts a little and covers her mouth to stop herself from laugh. Cole shot her a look and she looks away, trying hard not to laugh. "Let's go find Wolfe." Kuo states and they ran into town. "Hey, doctor Wolfe, I'm back in town. I have MacGrath and O'Connell." Kuo said over the radio as they ran onto the streets. "Good, very good. Unfortunately, I have a bit of bad news." Dr. Wolfe said through the line and Cassandra turns her phone on as well.

"What? Are you alright?" she asks as they ran down the street. "Yes, but the Militia searched my lab this morning and discovered the Blast Core I'd been hiding." Dr. Wolfe informs her. Then the three stopped, "Okay, stay in your lab. We'll swing by the West Lookout and see if we can get it back." Kuo informs him. Then she hung up and they ran through the street. "It's them." one Militiaman shouts and fires an RPG at them, "Damn!" Cole shouts as Cassandra backflips away. "Hit him with a grenade!" Kuo shouts and Cole threw a grenade at the balcony. Destroying the balcony and he drops dead into the ground. "That's right, suckers." Cole mutters and Cassandra ran back and threw a grenade at the next one and destroys the balcony too. "Let's move," Kuo said and they ran down the alley, but stop as a truck was in their way. "Huh, do you mind clearing the way?" she asks and Cassandra steps forward and sends out a shockwave, moves the truck right out of the way.

"Nice, the West Lookout's just up ahead." she informs them, then they ran out of the alley, "Die, freak!" another Militiaman cries out and fires at them, but Cassandra threw a grenade at him, blowing up the balcony and watches it fall. "Oh, I now am in love with this town." Cassandra mutters, Cole chuckles and wraps his arm around her shoulder, "Good to know." he states and Kuo looks at them, "Let's go." she said and they ran down the street and but then another RPG was fired at them. "Kuo, the Militia are back and they're trying to force the door to my lab." Dr. Wolfe informs them as Cole fires a hammer and makes the Militiaman fly off the roof. "Dr. Wolfe, I am on my way. MacGraths. You're on your own. The Blast Core glows purple, you cannot miss it." Kuo informs them and took off down the street. "We'll find it, go help Wolfe," Cole calls out to her and they both ran into the alley and climbs up the wall. "It's the Electric-man and Electric-fox, open fire." a man shouts and fired a RPG at them, Cassie looks up at him, gasp and press herself to the wall and misses the RPG misses her by inches. Cole looks up at him, growls and climbs up and was on the top and swung his Amp at him and he went flying off the roof, Cassie looks down then up, Cole places his Amp away and kneels down with his hand held out to her.

She then quickly climbs up and grips a hold of his hand and he pulls her up and onto the roof. "It's the Electric-man and Electric-fox, open fire!" another orders and the two fired at the watch posts, making the top explode and the men of the militia to fly off and cleared off the roof of where the blast shard was guarded.