Chapter 61: The Face of Change

The two stood outside of the warehouse, Cassie pacing as Cole leans against the fence, "You think this is going to work?" she asks him, he just looks at her, "It may not draw Bertrand out, but it will slow down this shipping progress." he assures her. She nods at him and leans next to him. "Then we find the last two Blast Cores and we can use the RFI." she states.

He nods at her, "We're almost at endgame." he states and she nods at him, "Almost, just gotta take out Bertrand then the Beast." she states and he looks at her, "And we'll do it together." he states and she smiles at him. "You and me at the end," she said and he fist bumps her. Then Cole calls Zeke as they were ready, "Zeke, We're at the waterfront." Cole informs him. "Bertrand's ships are still there. You got gotta get onboard and disable them before they cast off. Try the anchor winches, man, they're electric." Zeke informs him.

Cole smirks to himself "Heh. Good idea." he states and ends the call. Then they both took of running and ran right for the docks were the ships were still in place. Cole climbs up the crane and jumps onto the ship, "Vermarik! Assemble!" one of the ice men call out, but Cassie jumps onto the ship and shot him right in the head, then Cole swung at him, knocking him off the containers. "These ice guys got the boat locked down," Cole informs Zeke as he fires at them.

Cassie threw out a vortex and sent a few of the icemen flying off the boat. "Really? Do you think they knew what we were planning to do? Man, I wonder if maybe--" Zeke wonders off in conversation. "Kinda in a fight here, Zeke." Cole reminds him as he threw a grenade at the ice men and Cassie jumps over to the next container. "Oh, right, my bad," Zeke states and hung up. Then Cole fires at the Icemen as Cassie took out the ice heavy and his tower breaks. "Force them to move!" one shouts.

As Cole and Cassie were killing off their men and pressed them to the front of the ship. "Press the attack!" one of the last two remaining shouts as Cassie took them out and send them flying off the boat. She dust off her hands and Cole walks to the front of the ship "It's clear." Cole informs Zeke. "Okay, you better go find a way to scuttle that ship," Zeke informs him as he coughs a little. "Aye, aye. Captain." Cole jokes as he looks up at the anchor winch, "You better hurry up. The ship that big could fit a hundred of them in that cargo hold, maybe more." Zeke arms him as he looks out at the containers on the ship. "Right, let's hope we don't want them up," Cole states as Cassie looks at the next ship. "Hope for the best." Cassie states and he drains it of electricity, the anchor drops and the ship was grounded. "This Ship's going nowhere. We're heading to the next one." Cole informs Zeke. "That's my boy, they haven't invented the machine, you can't break." Zeke states.

Cassie rolls her eyes at Cole and she jumps off the ship, landing on the ground and Cole joins her. They ran along the rock and make it to the next ship, but Icemen were blocking their path, "Attack!" one orders and the Icemen opened fire onto the two, but the dodge and quickly hide behind the crane leg, Cassie exhales as she jumps out and threw a vortex at them, sending the Icemen that were blocking them onto the river.

Then they took out the heavies that were leftover and threw them into the river, "And stay down!" Cassie shouts at them, then they recharged and climbed up onto the ship and fired at the ice men left, taking them out and threw them into the river, then they climb onto the containers towards the anchor winch and there standing in their path was a titan. "Alright, bringing out the big guns." Cole jokes and Cassie fired rockets it at, taking out an arm.

They quickly fall back into cover to avoid the Ice boulders that were hurled at them. Then Cole threw grenades at it and broke off the other arm. Cole then ran toward it as it fell to its knees. He pulls out his amp and jumps up, ramping it behind the plating and reel back pulling it off the Titan, then with a charged pull, the plating came off and Cole ran back into hiding as Cassie threw grenades at it, finishing off the Titan and it collapsed into ice. The two pant as they took down all the ice men that stood in their way, then they jump off the containers and Cole drains the winch and the ship was then grounded.