Chapter 5: Kama's a Bitch But a Good Samaritan

Cole and Cassandra meet back up on a roof as they were stronger, "You good Cass?" he asks her, she looks at him and nods, "Yeah, was able to take down a few of the deviants and save a couple of people, along with gathering a few blast shards and got a dead drop." she answers him. He nods at her, "Play it." he tells her.

She nods at him, pulling the dead drop from her pocket and inputs it into her phone, then hits the speaker then plays.

"Audio surveillance of Joseph Bertrand, file A435: "The new facility you folks are building below the carriage house, it's... overwhelming. Hats off to you. Doctor." "Our technology is a hundred years ahead of the rest of the world." "Don't be so modest. When I joined the First Sons, they told me that they had technology a hundred years ahead. Now that sounds conservative. When I saw that place, I thought I've been abducted by a UFO!" "Sorry for the confusion." "They were just caves before. I knew then well. Played in them as a child. They were a part of the underground railroad. Smuggling escaped slaves out of town. Then it was prohibition and whiskey instead of slaves. Now! Now we're smuggling in the future."

The recording stops and she looks at him, Cole nods as he rubs his chin, "Do you think there's more than meets the eye?" she asks him and he just shrugs. "It's hard to say, but I think it's best if we collect more of these dead drops before we make conclusions." he states, she nods at him, "Come on, let's go meet up with Zeke," he tells her and she nods then they both ran along the roof to the docks. They both then jump down and landed on the ground then ran over to Zeke as they jump over the logs. "Hey, man. The word is out. I got contacted by a cop and a junkie." he informs them and Cole smirks, "Wow! That's quite a fanbase." he jokes and Cassandra chuckles a little, "These people take you seriously, man. Helping them out will send a message. Look, New Marais is a fresh start for us. It's a clean slate." Zeke informs him and Cole chuckles and crosses his arm, "Okay, alright." he laughs. Cassandra just places her hands on her hips, "Hey, these people pay attention. Especially when you got lighting coming out of your hands." Zeke reminds him, Cassandra held up one of her hands as lightning crackles between their fingers, "Karma's a bitch. I get it." Cole tells him "Whatcha going to do?" Zeke asks him, then Cole wraps his arm over Cassandra's shoulders and pulls her in, "We're going to send a message." he answers and they both walk off. "Cole, this way!" Cassandra said as she grabs Cole's arm from her shoulder and pulls him along, he just laughs as they both jog up to an officer. He looks at them as they approached. "The Militia gang's shooting up people they think are deviants at a nearby mansion. If you two are good people like they say, you'll stop the Militia and heal the wounded," he tells them.

They both nodded at him then ran down the sidewalk and then jumps over the fence, running to the mansion. "Let's spread out, see anybody that may still be alive," he states and she nods at him, they split up and Cassandra ran along the path, she stops as she saw that was body was still moving. "Hang on, I got you." she tells her, rubbing her hands together then electricity cracks on her palms and she presses them to the injured man and it lets out a pulse, the man jerks a little then he looks at his hand and stood up, "You good?" she asks and he nods at her, "Get somewhere safe," she tells him, he nods and ran from the mansion. Cole ran along the path and found an injured woman, he applies the healing touch and pulls her to her feet. "Get out of here," he whispers to her, she nods and ran away. Cassandra sneaks up to the house as she remains out of sight "Walk Deviant, or you fly." the Militia orders him, Cassandra rolls her eyes then climbs up the side, Cole looks at her and she stops and looks at him, "I'm gonna take the roof, you catch any hostage that falls." she whispers to him, he nods at her as she pulls herself up onto the roof and sneaks behind the window.

Cole ran over and heals a wounded person then got them to leave, Cassandra got up as she slowly walks over to the one of the Militia and taps his shoulder, he turns as she smiles at him, "Hello." she said with a wave then she reels her fist back, electricity cracking on her skin and she right hooks him across the face and he went flying right off the roof and smacks against the ground. Cole flinches as he knew that had to hurt. Then she turns to the other Militia and she fired right at them, knocking them off the roofs one by one. The hostage just looked her afraid of what she might, but she just walks over to one and picks him up, "Hold on." she states, the man nods and she jumps off the roof and lands on the ground. She then set him down and he looks at her, "Go, you're safe now." she tells him, he exhales and nods at them, "Thank you." he said and he took off running. Then Cassandra climbs back up and held the rest of them down. The people thank them and they run for safety, but then Cole's phone went off. "Those officers are taking fire! Give them support. Then capture one of the Militia for questioning." Kuo informs them. "On our way," Cassandra calls out then they return back to the warehouse, Cole used one of their latest power and threw a truck at them, killing one and injured another, Cassandra ran over and pulls up the restrains and the man struggles in the lighting cuffs.

The officers stepped out as Cole jogs up to her, "Thanks, we can handle it from here." one of the officers inform them, Cassandra nods at them and the two took off and were gone. The two climbs to the roof and looks down at the officers gathered over the man and Cassandra smirks at them, "What are you smiling for?" Cole asks her and she shrugs, "Oh it's just, he's going to have to rethink his life choices now that he the one in front of a gun." she answers. Cole smirks at her and nods, "Yeah, I guess you're right." he agrees then they turn and ran from the warehouse.