Chapter 45: Ray Field Energy

Absorb 3 more Blast Cores to use the RFI

The Beast is 353 Miles from New Marais

Cole and Cassie arrived at one of the cargo carts where Kuo and Zeke were waiting for them. "This is the place?" Cassie asks as they step in front of the door. "Said where to meet," Cole informs her as he opens the door.

But then Zeke steps in front of him, with his gun aimed at him, "Whoa!" Cole calls out as he and Cassie raised their hands up. "Password for the clubhouse?" Cole asks him, Zeke smirks and lowers his gun, placing it away, "Yeah, don't shoot my ass." he jokes and offers his hand to Cole, "Don't shoot my ass." Cole jokes as he grips Zeke's hand and was pulled in. "Entree Vous." Zeke answers and walks over to Kuo, Cassie smirks at the both of them as Cole turns to her and helps her into the cart. "Thank you," she mutters.

Then he closes the door and walks over to the two. Kuo walks towards them with a journal in her hand. "Guys, I have got the news." she informs them and they looked at her. "I was sifting through the wreckage at Wolfe's lab, and I found one of these journals. Turns out the RFI, the initially created it to cure the plague," she informs them. Cole and Cassie exchanged surprised looks. "What?" Cole questions and he pulls out the RFI, Cassie steps closer towards him and looks down at the RFI. "How?" Cole asks as the three examine the RFI, looking for the trigger. "Well according to Wolfe's analysis the plague is... it's caused by radiation poisoning. Ray Field Radiation poisoning." she informs them.

Cassie looks at her in shock as she knew what she meant, "It's a Ray Field Inhibitor." Cole states as he steps away from the three and Cassie marches up next to him. "Cole fires it up, wipes out the radiation." Zeke states, "The Plague is gone." Kuo agrees with him. "It would definitely take care of the Plague." Cassie agrees with him. "Hallelujah! Here are the Blast Cores from Laroche." Zeke states as he handed Cassie the Blast Cores. She smiles as she turns to Cole and he looks down at the Blast Cores in her hands. "Maybe this will be enough to fire it up." he states, Cole places the RFI away and took the Blast Core from Cassie."Let's hope so." he states and looks at Cassie. "Let's do it." she agrees and steps over to the side.

Then Kuo looks at Zeke with worry in her eyes, "Zeke, how many of those have they absorbed so far? Do you have any idea?" she asks him as she steps closer to him. "I don't know," he mutters stepping closer towards her. "I just-" she mutters and the two looked at them. "You don't have to whisper, we already know." she calls out to them and they looked at her, "Ray Field Radiation is caused by a Ray Sphere blast." Cole states and Kuo looks at the two with worry.

Cole chuckles dryly as Cassie smirks bitterly to herself. "Cole, I know what you and Cassie are thinking," Kuo states as she steps closer towards her. "What I did in Empire City, to Cassie and her family. I caused the plague and killed Cassie's family," he states, she turns to him and grips his arm. "We're gonna cure this thing, brother," Zeke promises him. Cole looks at him and nods, "Yeah." he mutters then he and Cassie step to the corner and stood next to each other.

They both gripped their blast cores and exhaled, then Cole looks at Cassie as she looks back at him. "See ya on the other side," he tells her and she smirks at him. "Not if I see you first," she mutters and he smirks at her, then they charged their Blast cores, then their electricity went wild, they grunted in pain. Kuo watches with worry as they charge then stop and they both collapsed onto the ground.

Then Kuo steps closer to the two. "Zeke, does this happen every time? Are they okay?" she asks them, but he waves off her worry, "Don't worry, they'll be alright." he assures her and everything went dark to the two.

~8~8~8~

Absorb the energy of 2 more blast cores to use RFI

The Beast is 124 miles from New Marais

Cole groans as he flutters his eyes open, Cassie slowly moves her hand towards her and presses her palm to the metal as she slowly pulls herself up. "Ow..." she mutters, pulling her knees up as Cole sat up.

Zeke startles himself awake and saw the two were awake, "Hey, how ya feeling, brother?" he asks them, Cassie sat in her knees as she exhales. Cole pants as he pushes himself onto his feet. "I'm not good," he answers and steps away from Zeke. Cassie struggles to stand to her feet, Zeke slowly got up as she succeeds to stand on her feet, but stumbles to the side of the cart and slams into the wall, Zeke ran over to her as Cole just pants. "I- Oof... everything... um... everything's spinning." Cassie mutters as she tries to form words.

Zeke steps next to her as she pants, "Just breath." he tells her, she smiles at him and nods, "Right." she pants, lowering her head. Then Cole pulls out the RFI "Let's see if I've got enough juice for this thing." he states, then stood ready, Cassie raised her head and watched as Cole tries to charge the RFI. But nothing happens. Zeke took a seat as Cole tries against and still, nothing happened. He exhales and places the RFI away. "Couple more Blast Cores and this thing should be ready," he mutters as Cassie shook of the dizzy spell and walks over towards him.

Cole grips her arm and she nods at him, "Well, go out there and see what you got, I'll just hold down the fort." Zeke informs them as he turns away, stretches and leans back in his chair. "Alright, see you in a bit," Cole said, nodding at him then he walks over to the door, jumping out from the cart, Cassie jumps down as well and Cole closes the door. They look around then step around the cart and look out at the river, "This should be good." Cassie informs him, he smiles at her and they look out at the river, reels their arms back and they threw electric rockets out and it flew, Cole chuckles as Cassie smiles and raised her hand with a light laugh "Oh, yeah. Yeah, that's gonna work out just fine." Cole states and Cassie smiles at him.