Chapter 34: Storming the Fort

Cassie was pacing back and forth, as Cole just watches her. "Relax, they're going to show." he assures her, "I know they will." she informs him, then they both looked over and saw Cole walking to them, "Cole! Cassandra!" she calls out and walks up to them, with Laroche behind her, but wasn't really paying attention to the plan. "Everything is in place. Laroche in his men are..." she states but then looks at Laroche as he was checking her ass out, which irked her. "My God! Can just you focus, for like, five minutes?" she snaps at him.

He just held his hands up and took a step back, Kuo just sighs as she just looks at them, "All day. I can't-" she states, Cassie shot him a glare and held up her hand as electricity cracks between her fingers. "Focus, Laroche or you get shocked," she warns him, he gulps and then nods at her. "What's the plan?" Cole asks them. "Well, once you three take out the turrets, I and my men will pour in and start tearing up things. we'll get you back your gizmos." Laroche informs them. "Those gizmos is a transfer device. Tell your guys to watch where they're shooting." Cole informs him. Laroche just chuckles "Yeah, my boys do intend to be a bit rowdy. God love 'em. You help us get rid of the Militia, those things are all yours." he informs them. "Ours, to smash into pieces, right?" Kuo asks them, Cassie just shrugs. "Or we swap powers, yeah?" Nix calls out as she walks up to the meeting out of nowhere. "Why do you come up with the worst ideas?" Kuo growls at her.

Cassie rolls her eyes and marches up to them, "Both of you, break it up!" she stats and shoves them apart. "Alright. We'll decide that later. We gotta figure out how we're going to take over this fort." Cole states as Cassie pulls her arms back and then leans back on her leg. "Well, like the pervert said, you, Cassie, and I, we're going to open up the North-side. Afterward, I'm going to sweep the interior." Kuo informs them. Nix just smirks and looks at Cole. "Then you and men, we're going to spread pain in the South end," she states and Cassie face-palmed. "Aw, what the matter? You two lovebirds don't wanna work side by side?" Cole jokes, getting Cassie to snort. "You know, I don't know. You want us to fight each other or the Militia?" Kuo sarcastically asks Nix as Laroche stood next to Cassie, as he was smirking to himself. "If I get to vote. I love a good cat-fight. You know, some of the fingernail action, and the hair-pulling." Laroche states making all three of the women look at him with questionable gazes.

He went to touch Cassie's hair, but she smacks his hand away, "Don't, I will shoot you." she warns him and walks back to Cole as Kuo followed her. "Heard that before," he states and looks at Nix. "How 'bout you?" he asks, going to put his arm around her shoulder. She hisses at him and vanishes. "Whoa." Laroche said in surprise "Okay... that was weird." he states as he waves his hand through the smoke as she was long gone.

They then step out of the alley and charge at the fort. "Let's move in!" Kuo calls out. "You get the men on top, I got the turrets!" Cole calls out, Cassie nods at him and she climbs the wall. Cole slips through the door, then took out the man on the turrets and then took out the turret. "Outstanding, man. Keep knocking out them heavy guns, and then my boys can move in and raise hell." Laroche states with excitement. Cassie was up top, sending the Militia flying off of the side of the fort and into the water. Cracking her whip and electrocuting the men that stood in her way, Cole ran up to the top and helps her take out the men as the Rebels followed after them, Cassie took out a few of the turrets as well and sent more men flying off the sides of the fort.

Cole took out the last turret and Cassie kills the last of the Militiamen, "That's the last Turret on the North end: I'm going to head inside and look for the transfer devices. It left and everything was quiet. Too quiet. "Cole," Cassie calls out. "Yeah, ever get that feeling that you walk into a trap?" she asks him, "Yeah, why?" he answers and she looks at him, "I think we did just that," she informs him, Cole thinks to himself and then radios his friend. "Hey, Zeke," he calls out. "Yeah, I see it. The closet two transformers's over near the construction yard. I'll send you the position." Zeke answers him, "You go get the power back up, I got this." Cassie informs him, he nods at her and then ran out of the fort.