Chapter 10: Hidden Package Bertrand Takes A Stand

Cole and Cassandra had until tonight, so they kept themselves busy, they split right up and ran around the sector. They then pants as they regroup at a roof and sat down, then they look at each other. "So... how did you do?" he asks her, she pants and huffs, "Stop muggers and a couple of abductions, and was able to put a few of the musicians together, and created a band," she answers him, he chuckles at her and leads back. "I heard, they sound pretty good together, I even heard one from that gorilla movie with the man that was raised by them," he states and she blushes a little. "Tarzan is a really good movie and Sho bu bo de do it's a catchy tune." she defended herself. Cole just laughs at her, she growls at him and looks away, her nose stuck up in the air. He wipes a tear away and pats her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but I'll admit, it is a catchy tune and it sounded good real good," he admits to her, she then looks back at him and arched her eyebrow at him. "No really, I promise." he assures her and she just rolls her eyes at him, "Oh. And I found two more dead drops and figured you would want to hear them as well." he informs him as she pulls her phone off her belt. He nods at her and she flips her phone open and presses play.

"Audio surveillance of Joseph Bertrand, file D082." "We need to do something about the swamp trash! She's been killing my boys and disrupting my operation. it's costing me money. The mean started to get superstitious about the Swamp Witch. She's slippery too. We can't track her once she jumps in the mangroves." "What did you have in mind, sir?" "Well... I thought perhaps you could whip up some kind of Conduit radar, or something of that nature." "Does this take precedence over the five other projects you have me working on?" "No, dammit. You finish those other things first. But the Conduit detector put it on the list."

the recording ends and they looked at each other, "So, he's obsessed with something, something that really has his attention." Cole states and Cassie nods at him, "I was thinking the same thing too and whatever he has planned it can't be good." she states and he rubs his chin, "Oh and this Swamp witch, isn't a witch at all, but a Conduit." she informs him, making him look at her. "Really?" he asks her, "Just listen," she tells him and plays the next one.

"Audio surveillance of Agent Kuo, file G58." "Reports keep coming in. Some kind of Swamp Ghost's been tearing up the Militia camps." "You don't believe it's a ghost?" "Well, I had a hunch we might be dealing with a new Conduit. So I bugged one of the camps last night, I got lucky. Listen to this:" "(Nix Warped.) Wha-What was that? (Nix warped then crazed laughter.) (Gunfire)" "Ahh!!" "You come into mu swamp. My home!" "(Explosions and more gunfire.) Ceasefire! You, idiots, are shooting each other! (Nix warped) Ow! Get off me! Ahh!" "Come out here again, you best bring an army!"

Cassie ends the recording and she looks at him, "Okay, so we have another conduit on our hands, but is she friendly or enemy." he states as she crossed his arms, she smiles and lays her arm on her knee. "Well she really hates the Militia, which means she hates the Bertrand and that can only mean, she can be a potential ally." she informs him, he just looks at her, "Why do I except a but coming?" he asks her and she gave him an apologetic smile. "She.... Maybe... just a little crazy." she informs him. Cole just sighs at her, "But hey we can't pick and choose the people we want, right." she informs him. He just sighs again, "Of course." he mutters. Then he facepalmed. "Oh and I found this after killing some Militia," she states and then pulls out a paper with a picture on it.

Cole pulls his head away and looks at the picture, then he took it from her and looks down at it, "This is just at the Church." he informs her and she smiles then stood up and dust herself off. "Then that's where we're going," she informs him, then grabs his arm and then pulls him right onto his feet. He smiles and allows himself to pulled to his feet and dragged along behind her.