Chapter 58: Easy Going

The two make it to the roof where Zeke was holding up on the Island they were currently taking over, but with all the running and saving people, these two needed a break. They arrived on the roof and walk over to the couch where Zeke was sitting.

He had the T.V on as an old Western movie was playing and a beer in his hand, Cole walks over and took a seat down on the couch and props his feet up on the table with his arms over the head of the couch, "Hey." Zeke greets him as Cassie steps over his feet and sat down as well, propping her feet up onto the table as well and crosses her arms comfortably on her lap.

Both of them were relaxed they finally have time to rest properly "Hey." they said back to him and watches the movie. But then Cole's phone went of, making Zeke and Cassie looked at him, Cole smirks and turns his phone off. They smiled and looked back at the movie. Then Cassie's phone went off and the two looked at her, she exhales and turns her phone off as well.

But then Zeke's radio went off and he went to answers it, but Cole clears his throat, getting Zeke's attention. Cassie gave him the look with her eyebrows raised at him. He nods as he got the message and turns off his radio and watches the movie, then Zeke handed Cole a beer, he takes it and pops it open on the table, then he handed Cassie a glassed Dr. Pepper. She takes it and charges her thumb, popping the cap off, the cheered each other and they sipped their drinks.

Then a cowboy cries out as he was shot in the movie and they laughed a little at it "I love that part." Zeke states, Cassie shook her head at the two of them and sips her Dr. Pepper.

~8~8~8~

After a couple of drinks, the duo were fast asleep as it was already night time. Zeke had his head leaned back as he snores, Cassie was curled up close to Cole as her head was resting on his lap. Cole was leaning against his hand as his other was laying on Cassie's shoulder. Then Cole flutters his eyes as he was awake.

Then he rubs his eyes and looks down at Cassie as she was sleeping peacefully, he smiles down at her and gently shook her shoulder, she groans as she flutters her eyes open. Then she sat up and rubs the sleep from her eyes. Cole looks at her as she yawns and looks at him.

He pulls out his Blast Core and waves it a little. She nods, catching on and they both stood up. Then she pulls out her Blast Core as well and stood away from Zeke, they then overcharged the cores as they were absorbed into their bodies, then electricity burst out, making them float up into the air, their mind, expanding from the overcharge.

Then they charged onto the ground and were out like lights. Zeke then shot awake after the whole light show, but he yawns and went back to sleep.

~8~8~8~

Absorb the energy of one more Blast Core to use the RFI

Cole opens his eyes and pulls himself back up as Cassie rolls into her back and sat up. "You getting used to that yet?" Zeke asks them as he was still sitting on the couch, turned to them and Cole helps Cassie to her feet and he shrugs at him. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?" Cole asks him as Cassie stretches her arms out. "Well, that depends, you feel any stronger?" Zeke asks them.

Cassie looks down at her arm, then up at the roof above them, she took a step back, reeling her arm back then threw out an electric tether, it attaches to the wall above them and it pulls her right up to the roof and she pulls herself up and sat down. Cole smiles at her and did the same thing and sat next to her. "Now that's the way to climb," he states and fist pumps Cassie.

Zeke smirks at the both of them, "Hey, brother, I heard Bertrand is loading something major onto his cargo ships in the harbor." he states as they both look down at him "Probably the first shipment of this do it yourself Conduits." he states and Cassie courses the Electricity between her hands, "Not if we have something to say about it." she states and Zeke smirks at her. "I will be, those foreign powers paid Bertrand in advance. How pissed you think he'd be if we sabotage his boats? Think he's come out of hiding?" Cole asks him.

Zeke just laughs at him, "Maybe Bertrand would get so mad he'd turn himself into that bug thing. Then we just sit back and let him and the Beast have at it." he states and Cassie giggles, "I would pay to see that." she laughs. The two laugh with her as well, "Oh, man, why can't it ever be that easy?" Cole questions and Cassie leans back on her hand, smirking at him.