Chapter 54: Force Conduits

Cole and Cassie ran down the road as they avoided the ice men that were chasing them, but the people threw rocks at the ice men and knocks them out, Cassie and Cole thanks them and they arrived at the Warehouse that Zeke informs them. Cassie peeks out, seeing that the coast was clear then she turns back to Cole, nodding at him and he calls his friend. "Zeke, we're at the warehouse. You sure we're going to find two Blast Cores here?" Cole asks him.

Cassie looks back out and saw none of the Militia or ice men patrolling around the warehouse, "I heard it from one of my Militia buddies. They said it was in a crate stamped with the Militia symbol." Zeke informs him. Cole then hung up and the two carefully walked towards the warehouse, keeping their eyes open.

They get inside the warehouse and quickly hid as they saw one of the Militia guns down an iceman. "Oh, you want another one, freak? Bang! Bang! Bang!" he shouts and guns the iceman down. Cassie growls as she clutched her fist and the electricity coursed over her arm. "Yeah, haha! Nice shooting!" one of the Militia laughs. Then Cassie quietly walks up towards the Militiamen. Then grips the back of their heads and overcharges them.

They jerked and gurgled at her overcharge, then she lets them go and they drop dead on the ground. Cole walks over to her as he was looking down at the Militiamen, they were barbeque to fry. He exhales and pats her shoulder, "Let's look around for that crate." he informs her. She nods at him and they both fired at the Militia crates in the warehouse. They were empty except one as it was metal. "Found a safe in one of the crates," Cole informs him. "Whoo! This will be the easiest Blast Cores we ever got! Go on, crack it open." Zeke tells them.

Cole walks over to the safe, drains it of electricity and Cassie knees down and opens the safe up. "It's empty." Cassie states as she looks inside then pulls out a file with a paper pinned to it "But there is information on other warehouses." she states and opens the file up. Cole then knees next to her and looks over her shoulder, "Let's see, property deeds of three warehouses. Blast Cores gotta be at one of them." she states, then closes the file, placing it back and they both stood up. "Okay, maybe we got the right idea, but the wrong warehouse. Hell, it looks like we gotta search them all." Zeke states. "This is going to be fun," Cassie mutters as she stretches her arms up.

They both ran over to the next warehouse and the fired on the small force of the Icemen, "It's ours!" one shouts, but Cassie roundhouse kicks him and he lands in the ground out like a light. "Ice guys out here in Force," Cole warns Zeke as Cassie checks for more Icemen. "They could be after the Blast Cores, man. Better step it up!" Zeke informs him and they fired at the crates in the warehouse.

Then they went up to the catwalk above them and they fired at the crates, revealing at the end of the catwalk a safe, they ran towards it and Cole drains the safe and Cassie opens it, he looks in and they both absorb shards from the safe. "Found some Blast shards. Still no Blast Cores." Cole informs Zeke as Cassie stood up and rotates her arms. "Look, man. I'm here there are two Blast Cores out there. Let's keep looking." Zeke assures him even though he wasn't sure of himself.

But they weren't going to give up hope. The ran down the street and right into a battle between the ice men and the Militia. They snuck through and climbs up top onto the roof of the warehouse, Cassie fires at the glass on top of the warehouse and Cole fires at the men inside and they both jump down and looks around. "We have them! Seal the exits!" one of the ice men calls out and the doorways were sealed shut "Now, the gas!" one calls out and gas was let into the warehouse.

The two were coughing from the gas, "Zeke, we're trapped!" Cole coughs as Cassie looks up at the hole she made from shooting the glass. "Ah! Okay, okay, just, I don't know, climb! Get outta there, man. Bast your way out!" Zeke shouts through the phone and they quickly climb up and back onto the roof.