Chapter 39: Unlikely Allies & Hidden Package

The two conduits were coming out from the flooded area and make it back to solid land, Cassie bends over, leaning against her hands panting like crazy. Cole then walks up to her. "You good?" he asks her, she exhales, "Give me a few and I'll let you know," she answers him. He chuckles at her "Keep breathing Cass, you'll get through it." he informs her as he looks out at the city. Cassandra stretches her arms and exhales "I know I will." she states as she walks up next to him, "I got you, don't I?" she states, he looks at her and smiles proudly at her.

But then Cole's phone begins to ring, making the two look down at it and he answers it, "Cole, I've just made contact with one of the members of the ice gang and it looks like he wants to defect and join us. Meet him on the rooftop nearby." Kou informs them, Cole then hung up and looks at Cass. "Ready when you are," she states. He smirks at her and they both took off running back into the Flooded Town. Cassandra jumps up, grabbing onto the powerlines, pulling herself up and glides along the powerlines. Cole smirks to himself and charges for the train rails, jumping onto them and glides along with them.

They then both jump off the lines, glides over to the roofs and look around the area. "There. I see him." Cassandra states as she points ahead. Cole looks and saw the iceman that was defecting. "Let's go," he tells her.

She nods at him and they both ran, jumping and gliding over rooftops, staying out of the water. They finally make it over and walk up in front of him, Cassandra crosses her arms at him. "Don't worry, I'm not like the others. I was coerced into becoming a lab rat. The rest of them are inhuman brutes." the iceman informs them, causing the two to exchange looks. "I will help you stop them. There's a secret cache of blast shards close by. Come, I will show you." he tells them. Cassandra exhales. "Lead the way," she tells him. The man nods at her and they all took off.

The iceman uses his ice and jumps, Cole and Cassandra jump across the roofs, but as soon as they landed on a roof, the mutated swamp beasts jump them, "Ambush!!" the iceman shouts. Cole and Cassandra pull their weapons-free and charge at the creatures. The iceman forms a shield and fires at them.

Cole swung his weapon as Cassandra cracks her whip, knocking down the creatures. The Iceman fires at the creatures that were coming up behind Cassandra and Cole. Cassandra wraps her whip around one of the creature's neck, then wraps her leg around the whip, slamming her foot back down, making the creature stumble back and she slams her other leg into the neck of the creature. Snapping it in half and it drops dead.

They then jump off the roof, onto better grounds and the creatures followed them, "Cassie!" Cole calls out, Cassandra turns to him and he tosses the AMP at her, she loosens her whip from her leg and the creature, then cracks it again, wrapping it onto the AMP and swung it at the creatures, killing them on the spot. Cole took cover behind the ice-shield as the electricity was flying left and right. The iceman then looks at Cole. "You have one crazy kid," he states. Cole just chuckles at him.

Then finally the electricity stop flying around, and the two of them peek out and saw that Cassie was panting as the creatures laid dead at her feet. Cassandra was panting as she held the Amp in one hand and her whip in the other. She then exhales and cracks her whip, wrapping it around her waist then turns to Cole and the iceman. "We're good!" she calls out, the two stepped out from hiding as Cassandra walks up to them and tosses the AMP to Cole.

He catches it and places it away. "Come." the iceman tells them and jump back onto the roof, the two followed after him. Gliding across the flooded grounds then laid right next to the man, he then jumps again and they ran across the bridge, jumps the gap then they land next to him "That them?" Cassandra asks as he points over at the men that were guarding the stash. The iceman nods at her "Those men guard the stash. I would join the fight, but I man more useful if my identity remains secret. I will contact you again." he tells them.