Chapter 17: Desperate Times

The two races across the roof and meet up with Zeke as he was looking at something through his binoculars, but still feel pretty bad about what happened, felt hopeless that the only person that could help them stop the Beast was dead, they walk up to him and he looks at them, "Hey, Cole. Cassie." he said to them, but neither of them smiled at him, Cole's hands were on his hips as Cassie's were crossed. "What do you want, Zeke?" Cole asks him as Cassie ran her hands through her hair, "Cheer up, man. Things have been a crap ton worse for us than this. We always get by." Zeke reminds and Cassie just looks away. "I don't know," Cole mutters then he turns to his friend. "I feel a little low on options here, Zeke. Like it or not that Beast, it's gonna be mine and Cassie's responsibility." he informs him then Cassie walks up to the ledge, "And Doctor Wolfe, the man that could help us, the only person that could help us is laying in the river, dead from a madman that wanted to tie up loose ends." she informs him and the twp looked at her as she looks away from them, "Come on sweetheart, we still got the RFI." Zeke informs her, but she still wasn't all that hopeful. "The thing's a paperweight without Blast Cores. How are we going to find them?" Cole counter argues as he walks over next to Cassie.

Zeke just exhales and returns to the ledge, "I don't know, yet, but I'm... I'm working on it." he tells them and looks out the binoculars again, Cole looks at him and laughs a little. "What's with the binoculars, Zeke? Spying on some chick in the shower?" Cole jokes making Cassie smile a little. "Not this time." he answers then offers them to Cole. "I think I found Kuo." he informs him, and they both shot their eyes at him, then walk up and Cole took them and looks out at the swamps, "Heard some gal escaped the lynch mob, took off through the swamps." Zeke informs him as Cole offers the binoculars to Cassie and she looks through them as well. "Probably back in one of those bootlegging shacks they got in back." Zeke informs him as Cassie offers them back at Cole and he took them, "Alright. We'll go check it out. Thanks, man, that's good work." Cole tells him and gave him back the binoculars, Zeke nods at them and they both jump down from the ledge and land on the sidewalk, but as the reach they docks they saw a group of angry protesters, Cassie just sighs and they both ran past them and jumps off the docks.

And lands on the catwalk below the docks, then they jump onto the boats, and onto the dry land. Once their feet were balanced they ran along the path, past the cut trees, but then stop as they heard a growl, they looked around and kept their wits about them as they step over the bodies of the Militia men and then walks up to the shack, Cole walks up to the door as Cassie kept watch, then he kicks the door open and peeks inside "Hey, Kuo! You in here? Kuo!" Cole calls out in the shack and got no response. He grunts and then closes the door, stepping back, "Plenty of more shacks around, these folks love their Moonshine." Zeke informs them and they both exhaled.

Then as they turned more of those monsters showed up, but their heads were bloated, they charged at them, but Cassie threw grenades at them, making them explode and kills them, "Damn!" Cole snaps and they ran forward, jumps onto a log then jumps onto land and they ran into Militia men that block their way, but they fired at them, knocking them down and then ran forward to the abandon mansion, "Hell of a place to make Moonshine." Cole mutters as they took out the Militia again. Then they ran to the shack, but they slide to a stop as a big man stood on top, "Yankie Pig!" he shouts at them and the two exchanged looks then looks back at him as he pulls out a minigun. "Oh shit!" they both shout and then took cover behind the tree, he fired at then and they both peek out on opposite sides of the tree, then Cole fires at him as Cassie threw a few grenades at him as well and they sent him flying right off the roof of the shack. Once he was down they jump out from behind the tree and ran to the shake, Cassie kept watching as Cole kicks in the door and peers in, "Kuo! Come on out!" he calls out, but still, go no response.