Chapter 57: Mercy Kill & Convey

Cole carries Cassie on his back as he walked down the street, "I'm exhausted." Cassie mutters and Cole nods at her, "You and me both." he states, "If we're not helping Laroche, we're helping Kuo and when we're not helping Kuo, we're helping Laroche, and When we're not helping them, we're helping the people." Cassie mutters.

Cole shrugs at her, "All in a day's work." he states, "But we've been here for two months now." Cassie mutters and he chuckles "And we're making strides." he assures her, but she just sighs. Then Kuo appears in front of them and they stop and looked at her, "Five bucks says it's our ally finally went insane." Cassie mutters, he smirks at her and lets her back down onto her feet.

Kuo jogs up to them as she was panting, "Our friend from the ice gang continues to deteriorate. I'm afraid he's becoming dangerous. We need to intervene before he hurts someone." she informs them, they both nodded and followed her down the road, they make a right and continued down the road, she stops at the roundabout as their friend stood there, firing at people.

He then turns and faces them, "The power... it calls to me!" he cries out and fires at them, the two dodged, Kuo fires at the Titan as Cole threw rockets and Cassie threw sticky grenades at him, they broke off an arm, but then fell back as they found outlets and recharges. He tries to fire at them, but they were recharged and threw grenades at him, breaking off his other arm.

He fell to his knees and Cole charges at him, pulling out his amp, then jump up and ramps the amp behind the plating. Then Cole reels back, using his strength to rip the plating off and with a charged pull, the plating came off and Cole fell back onto the ground. Then the Titan regrew his arms and fires at him. But Cole quickly dodges as Cassie threw grenades at his face and knocks him back, then Cole finished him off with a rocket. The Titan stiffen in his spot, he gasps and tries to breath, but he fell to his knee and reaches out to the sky, but he froze in his position and fell to the ground, shattering at contact. The three conduits walk up to the pile of ice and look down at it, "Poor guy." Cassie mutters.

Cole grips her shoulder as Kuo turns to them, "As insane as he was, I think he was glad we were there to stop him." she informs them as she was panting and they looked at her. She then flashes off and Cassie sighs to herself. "One more after this?" she asks and he pats her shoulder. "One more after this," he states and they both walk off, hoping that the iceman that helped them since Flood Town was now at peace.

~8~8~8~

Cassie fired at the Iceman in the air as he tries to get away, but she pulls out her whip, whipping it, catching his ankle and he smacks down onto the ground, once came up behind her, but Cole thrust his amp at him and knocks him off the roof. Cassie exhales then pulls her whip lose, but a radio next to the iceman caught her attention.

She walks over, kneels down and plays it. "Unit 237, are you lost? You were supposed to meet us here." and iceman over the radio informed him. She then looks up at Cole, he smirks at her and they jumped over to the next roof, then they glide down to the ground and ran along the road, then to a crossroads, they found the convey and Cole lets out an Ionic freeze as Cassie threw out a vortex, sending the frozen ice men into the air.

Then the Titan turns to them and threw ice boulders at them, but they quickly dodge the boulders and they fired a rocket at him, knocking the Titan back. Then Cassie threw grenades at them and broken off an arm, "That's one!" she calls out and dodges the ice beams, Cole recharges as Cassie kept his distracted. Then Cole charged back in and threw grenades at it, breaking off the other arm.

It fell to its knee and Cole charges at it, Cassie went to recharge and Cole jump up into the air, then ramps his amp behind the plating and pulls back on the amp and with a charge, he rips the plating right off and he ran back to cover and recharges. Then Cassie pops out from cover and fired rockets at the Titan, making it stumble back and Cole finishes it off and the Titan gags and shatter into ice.

They both exhale and lean forward as they looked at the reminds of the Titan, "Can we head to Zeke's now?" Cassie asks him, he places his arm on her back and nods at her, "Yeah, yeah. We can head to Zeke's now." he informs her and they took off running down the street.