Chapter 37: Powering Up Flood City

Cole watches as Bertrand was retreating across the lake, he smirks to himself and then looks down at Cassie as he went to a knee. "You okay?" he asks her and she leans her head on the crook of his neck. "Drained. Really drained," she answers him, he nods at him and then answers his phone. "Hey, man, with Bertrand over in Flood Town... I'm guessing you and Cass want to head on over. I'll get the transformers ready for you." Zeke informs him, Cole ends the call and stood up with Cassie in his arms. "Come on, let's get you charged up," he tells her, she nods at him and fell back asleep in his arms.

He then steps over to the edge and jumps down, landing on the ground next to the transformer and gently sat Cassandra down next to it. "Hey, heard you're fixing to bring the power back on in Flood Town." Laroche informs him, "Look, I know you need help out there, but I'm after Bertrand." Cole informs him as he gently brushed back Cassandra's hair from her face. Laroche laughs on the other line, "Two birds with one bullet, huh? I like how today's shaping up." he states and then Cole fires up the transformer and then shot the arrow out and guides it up above the bridge and then hits it with the arrow. Cole moves his hand away then gather's up in his arms and ran for the bridge then along with the metal onto the platform. He then laid Cassandra down and charges the transformer, making the bridge lower down and align with the other bridge.

Connecting the two towns together. "People in Flood Town have had it rough. When levees broke, we lost everything a person can lose: our homes, our past, our loved ones. I... I lost my wife. Somehow the flood didn't stop us from helping our neighbors. Somehow it brought out the best in us." Laroche informs him. "First the flood then Bertrand's Militia, and now these ice freaks. It's about time these people caught a break." Cole states and he ends the call then walks up to the Transformer and shot out another arrow and guilds it over the city and hits the next Transformer. Cole then pulls away, turns to Cassie and gathers her back up into his arms he then walks over to the and jumps down, landing on his feet and ran forward. But he stops as he saw some of the ice soldiers blocking his way, "Flood town is ours, leave now!" one of them orders him and Cole sighs "Oh great, what are these guys doing here?" he questions then threw Cassie over his shoulder and fires at them, knocking them, "Word in the Militia is that those ice guys use to be mercenaries. Came here all the way from South Africa. Ever since you and Cassie busted them out from that underground lab, attacking everyone they come across in Flood Town. I'm guessing they lost their minds after what Bertrand did to them." Zeke informs him over the phone. they went flying into the water, he then ran to the edge and fires at the water finishing them off.

He then ran into the Town, threw a bomb at the ice men that were guarding the entrance, but they flew back and smack against the ground. Then Cole threw another bomb at them and they went flying again and they went flying into the river. Cole ran onto the bridge, avoiding the water, then he jumps from roof to roof, then fired at the next ice soldiers, making them fly into the water and he fires at the water and took them out. He then jumps down to the next Transformer. Then gently sets Cassie down in front of it and powers up the transformer. Then more of the Ice soldiers came in and fires at him, he glares at them and then fires back, electrifying the water and threw bombs at them. "Cole, baby, how you feeling?" Nix asks him over the phone. "Hey Nix, I didn't expect you to call so soon," Cole answers her as he kicks the ice more solid in the face then he places his hand on the transformer and shot out the arrow. "Hey, everyone got their kinks. Cassie a fighter, you a leader and the bitch, being a bitch. But hey, maybe that just makes you a bigger fool." she informs him.

Cole then pulls his hand away then picks Cassie back up and swung her over his shoulder. "Aw, you trying to hurt my feelings? Besides I've been called worse," he informs her and punches the last iceman in the face. "Not yet, just get it right, okay?" she states then hung up. He then ran to the next Transformer and fought off, the makes it to the next Transformer and power it up. It then charges and Cole sets Cassie down and fires at the men, firing out at the water and then fires at the men, sending out in tonic freeze, out it was outnumbered and couldn't get them all, but the Transformer sends out a pulse and kills all the men that surrounded him. "I guess you meet our new landlords out here. Used to be the Militia controlled Flood Town. Now, these ice goons have been taking over." Laroche informs him, Cole just looks around. "Why would anyone fight over this place? No offense." Cole states as he shot out the next arrow. "They've been tearing Flood Town apart since they got here, looking for something," he answers then hung up. Then Cole pulls Cassie over his shoulder and then ran for the last Transformer.

They make it and Cole lays Cassie behind the Transformer and powers it on, it Charges up as the Icemen came at them from the front, Cole stands on top of the Transformer and fires at them. The Transformer then reaches the maximum and lets out a powerful pulse, killing them all, Cole exhales and jumps down, kneeling next to Cassie, "Hey man, did you hear about this medical place Laroche put together? Word on the street is he found a cure for the pledge. I'm heading over, figure I could help out. You should join us." Zeke informs him and hung up. Cassie then groan and flutters her eyes open "Wha..." she mutters and Cole helps her sit forward. "Easy, your body is just gathering electricity," he informs her and she looks at him. "I miss something big, huh?" she asks him, he pulls his hand back and sat next to her. "Nothing too big," he states, she smiles and lays her head against. He smiles and laies his against hers.