Chapter 46: Icebreaker & Convoy

Cole and Cassie were sitting on light posts as they look down at Flood Town, "How should we test our new powers?" Cassie asks him, Cole smirks at her, "Blow up some icemen?" he asks her, she scoffs. "Could easily do that with a grenade." she states and looks around, "A crusher?" she asks him and he rolls his eyes at her. "Too easy, what about Icemen?" he states and she frowns at him. "Now you're insulting me," she states and e smirks at her.

Then the same idea pops in their heads. "Devourers." they both said, "It makes sense, they're a lot tougher." Cassie states, "And covered in thick armor." Cole adds in, "But, on the inside." she states, "Soft and squishy." Cole agrees and they air high-fived, but then Cole's phone went off and he answers it "It might be a good time to come back to the freighter car. Zeke and I were drawing up some plans when Nix showed up, and uh... yeah, we could use you." Kuo informs the two of them and hung up.

Cassie sighs as she looks at him, "Fun time over?" she asks him and he nods at her, "Fun time over." he states and they both stood up.

~8~8~8~

The two walked along the railroad, thinking about what they were going to do when Bertrand shows up. But then Kuo appears from nowhere and stood in front of them, panting, "Yeah. Those Ice soldiers are launching raids from a base camp near here. Let's go!" she informs them and flashes off.

Cassie sighs "Still can't do that." she mutters, Cole pats her shoulder and the two jump onto the power-line and followed at her, they jump onto the roof and the icemen fired at them, Cassie sent out an ionic vortex, seeing them flying, Cole chuckles as he pats Cassie's shoulder.

Kuo rolls her eyes and flashes off, the two looked to see her not too far from them and they jump across to the roof and followed. "Yep! I see them," she calls out and the jumped onto the power-line and followed after Kuo as she leads them around Flood Town and back to the railroad where then all the icemen were hiding. Cassie looks down and fires her bolts at the icemen, Cole and Kuo jump down and fought against the icemen and crusher.

A few jumped up onto the roof where Cassie was, but she dodges the bullets and swung her whip at them, knocking them off the roof and smack onto the ground dead. "Do it!" Kuo calls out and she had ice mist ready and Cole fires into them, freezing them. The Crusher charges at Cole, but he flips away and Cassie fired rockets at him, knocking him off course. Cole looks up as Cassie as she smirks at him, Cole then turns his gaze back at the Crusher and threw grenades at it, finishing it off.

Then Cassie jumps down and joins up with Cole as Kuo did the same thing. "Good work, Cole, Cassie. They'll think twice before coming here," she informs them, Cassie nods at her and Kuo vanishes and Cassie sighs to herself. "Wish I can do that, but I can't," she mutters and Cole pats her shoulder.

~8~8~8~

A Militiaman was kicked in the face as Cassie roundhouse him, Cole swung his Amp at the other two, knocking them off and into the water and he finishes them off.

Once the drop Cole turns and saw Cassie sock the Militia in the face and knees him in the face, then grips the back of his neck and electrics him until he drops. Cole steps over to her, looking down at the man and back at her.

She shrugs at him and he rolls his eyes with a smirk. Then Cassie looks down and saw that there was a radio on him, it was flashing red a call was coming in, so she kneels down the response to the call. "Quit messing around, man! You're supposed to be here. You're gonna get fired." the call informs him and Cassie looks up at Cole, who was smirking down at her, she then stood up and they both took off after the convoy.

It leads them back to the river and two of the Militia's ships were on the bay, patrolling. They step over to the edge of the waterfront and look at the two ships, Cole looks down at Cassie as she smirks at him, then they look back at the boats and they reeled their arms back and threw the rockets at them, taking the men by surprise and they fired back.

But Cole and Cassie kept firing rockets, killing the men, then the skip blew up and sank as the survivors swam to the fay firing at them, but Cassie shocks the water, killing them and they float in the water, dead. Cole exhales and looks at Cassie, she exhales and rolls her shoulders.

He chuckles, then pulls her close, wraps his arms over her shoulders and they both walked away, Cassie smiles as she wraps her arm around his waist.