Chapter 21: Malpractice & Torn, Leaning the Charge

On their way back to the rooftop as they were riding the cab train, as they were passing by the alley, they saw a doctor wave that them, so the jump-off, land on their feet and job up to him. "Bunch of Bertrand's bullies got drunk and took a joyride in our ambulance. Our med supplies are scattered everywhere. Bring them back and we'll promise to treat your injuries whenever you need it." he offers them. The two nodded at him and ran down the alley.

Two Militia were guarding the medicine, so they fired at them and Cassie ran forward and pick it up. Then a car on fire came at her, but she pulls out her vortex and sent the car right at the Militia at the end of the alley. It exploded and took them with it. The two then ran forward, jumps over the bodies and then they popped out of the alley and ran to the mansion were the Militia were stationed. Then Cole send out a Voxtex taking all the Militia with it and they ran to the mansion, climb up it and Cassie collected the medicine, then they jumped off the roof, land on the ground and took off down the street, Cassie fired on the Militia on the balcony as Cole fired at the ones on the street. Then the balcony collapsed as the Militia dropped to the ground. Then Cassie ran over and picks up the medicine.

But more Militia came out and fired at them, but the two smirks as they both spun and created twin vortexes, taking out all the Militia, then they ran forward, pinning them down and then into a parking lot alley and Cassie pick up the last of the medicine and the regroup with the doctor. Cassie handed the medicine to him and he took them, "Now we can open up a clinic around here. Come by any time." he tells them and they shook his hand.

~8~8~8~

The two surfed that cable wires, then they jump onto a balcony leg, then both climb up it and then they stood on top of the roof, then glided over to the power-line and then surfed on it then jump and land on the room. Zeke was reading a book as Nix flashed past him and they stood in front of Zeke. He looks up at them, closes the book and then stood up. "I tell you guys, spying on this Militia, man, it's taken years off my life, but boy is it worth it," he states as he walks around the couch as stretches and then looks at them with a smirk. Cassie smirks as she places her hand on her hip. "You found out where they're keeping Kuo," Cole states as he steps forward and leans against the ledge. "Bertrand's keeping all his veterans protecting an old cane plantation. Word is they got all the serious "deviants" caged up in there." Zeke informs them as he places his hands on his hips. Cassie then rubs her chin, thinking. "That's that places with the streetcar out front, yeah?" Nix asks him.

He looks at her and nods "That's the one." he answers her as she steps up to Cole, "I got an idea. We fill the streetcar up with explode, we get it going real, real fast, we ram it through the front door, and boom!" Nix tells her and Cassie rolls her eyes at her, knowing that, that was a terrible yet effective plan. Cole points at her and then looks at Zeke. "Fire will make a great distraction," Cole informs him as Cassie walks over next to Zeke. "True, it will draw away the Militia and we walk right in, but the innocent people there will burn," Cassie informs him and Zeke shrugs. "She's right, Cole. They'll die," he states as Cole leans against his leg. "Ah, come on, guys, I mean if we do this thing with any sort of precision we're gonna need a much bigger team," Cole informs them and the two think to themselves. "What about those that Militia fucked over?" Cassie asks and Zeke looks at her then points, "That's it." he states and then turns back to Cole, "The Militia have been parading around cages full of cops. These guys use to fight against them." Zeke informs him and then Cole pulls his leg back down and then walks up to them, "You figure we break them out, give them guns?" he asks them and Cassie smirks. "And direct them right at the Militia." she agrees.

He smirks at her, but Nix shook her head. "Wait, wait, wait. Free cops? No, no, no if we do that I'm out." she tells them, "That's just it. If we free the cops from the Militia, not only are we able to break into the plantation, but this will give us an advantage in the future." Cassie informs her. "She's right. Think about it, Cole, putting some ex-cops back on the street? Hell, that could pay off in the long run." Zeke informs his friend. Then Nix walks up to them, "Screw that, man!" she shouts and they looked at her as she held her arm out to them, she then looks at Cole and Cassie and steps closer to them, "Don't you want to see that place burn, baby?" she asks them. Cassie shrugs at her, "Don't know I like to kick my enemies asses instead of watching them burn." she answers her, "But I know you do." she states then step backward, trying to draw them in, then she flashed away. Zeke sighs and brushed it off, "Whatever it's your call, chief." he informs him and walks away The two of them exchanged looks, "Cassie, can I talk to you for a moment?" he asks her, she nods at her. "What do you think?" he asks her, she thinks for a moment and then looks at him, "Well, a fire distraction would work effectively, but a lot of innocent people will die because of it, but if we help free those cops and give them guns, then that will help us down the road." she informs him, he sighs and placing his hands on his hips, "So, which one should we do?" he asks her and she just looks at him. "I think you already know." she answers and he nods at her, "You're right, I do."