Chapter 19: Tough Critic & Triage

Cole stretches his arms as they walk down the street, Cassie rotates her neck and rubs it, "You think after all this we would of found a place to crash by now." she mutters, he looks at her and exhales. "I know, but sadly we're so busy, we don't have the time to look," he tells her, stretching out his arms as he twists, then she bends her leg then bends her next. "I know, still. It would be nice to relax for once in a while," she states.

He nods at her and cracks his neck as she cracks her knuckles. Then they saw a cop waving them down, so they walk up to him. "My prisoner's giving me a lot of trouble. I need more men. It'd be a big help if you could guard him until I get back. He's over here." he informs them and they nod at him then followed him down the street and then into the all were the saw one of the Militia cuffed and on his knees and so the two walk in front of him, "This him?" Cassie asks him, the officer nods at her. "That's him. Just hang tight until I return with some backup to haul him away," he informs her and took off. The two stood in front of him with their arms crossed and just look down at him. "Hey, how about you untie me so I can crave your skull in with that little tuning fork you got there." the man offers Cole, but he just arches his eyebrow at him. Then the man looks up at Cassie. "I like killing, especially the old folks. Young ones, too. I can do whatever I want." he laughs. Then Cassie shook her head at him "And Bertrand hires men like this, Psychopaths?" she asks him, Cole just shrugs at her. "Well, it takes a psycho to know a psycho," she states and he nods at that statement. "This guy is a waste of skin. What if he escapes again? Kill him. You can say he was trying to escape." Nix said on the line, but Cassie just hung up and glares down at the man, "What that your girlfriend? Bring her over! Let that freak lover meet a real man." the man taunts her.

Cassie wasn't moved at all, he was wasting his breath, then they both looked over and saw more officers return and they stop in front of them. "Thanks for your help. We've got a nice cell waiting for him." he informs them as Cassie forces the Militiaman to his feet and she smiles at them, "Of course, but one more thing before you take him." she states, then turns to the man, pulls her fist back, electricity cracks on it and then and slams in right into the man stomach. He gasped in pain loudly as he leans against her, Cole and the officer flinched, knowing that, that had to hurt. "That's for all the innocent people you've killed," she whispers in his ear then moves away and offers him to the officers.

They take him and the two walk up to him, "I just hope we have enough dirt to convert him." he informs then and Cassie smile a creepy and dangerous smile. "Don't worry, you do," she states and took out a recorder and hits play. "Hey, how about you untie me so I can crave your skull in with that little tuning fork you got there. I like killing, especially the old folks. Young ones, too. I can do whatever I want. What that your girlfriend? Bring her over! Let that freak lover meet a real man." the Militiaman once said, Cole and the officer look at her in shock, "I think you have everything you need?" she asks and handed the recorder to him, the officer smiles and looks at it, "Yeah, I think we do. Thank you." he said to her and salutes, she smiles and nods her head at him, then he hurried after the others. The two watches them leave, "How did you manage to do that?" Cole asks her and she looks at him and smirks. "And reveal all my secrets to you?" she teases him, Cole rolls his eyes and the two laughed.

~8~8~8~

Cassie was cheering and laughing as the two surfaced the cable car wires, but Cole looks down and saw a bomb, he giggles Cassie and then they both jump down and Cole ran to the bomb and drains the power and he retrieves the shard as he RPGs go off, he ran out onto the street and saw Cassie was fighting off the Monsters and the Militia. Cole then ran forward, pulls out his amp and then fires at the men, they all fell to the ground as Cassie cracked her whip and kills off the monsters, they both exhale and places their weapons away.

Then they pull themselves back onto the cable car power-lines and glides down them again, but then they saw more trouble, so they jump down and separated, Cassie stops a mugging, Cole stops an abduction, Cassie defused a bomb, absorbing the blast shard inside it, then the regroup and stop a battle between the Militia and monsters after throwing a few punches and blast bolts at them, the twp exhales, dusting their hands off and then walks back to the cab train cables, then climbs up the pole and surface on the cables. "Okay, I really need a place to crash," she mutters, Cole just laughs and she shot a glare at him. But then a doc waves them down and the two of them jump down and run up to him.

The medic looks around and back at them, "Our doctors are being forced to serve the Militia exclusively. Free them, and we'll always treat your injuries." he informs them, they nodded at him and took off across the road in the past the abandon mansion and they saw the doctors then they charged at the Militiamen and then they drew them away from the doctors and fired at them, Cassie pulls out her whip and crack it at them, smacking them against the ground and they held themselves in pain, Cole ran to them and pins them down to the ground, the doctors then stands up and cheers for them as Cassie crack her whip back around her hips and she bows at them, Cole chuckles and they took off running.