Chapter Veintiuno (21)

France and you arrived at the mall. You both walked inside and went to the ice cream shop as promised. "I told you I was going to get you ice cream" he said, standing next to you, waiting in line.

You felt strange because you were the only with human features, everyone else had grey skin and the eyes were a lighter grey shade.  Some stared at you and probably whispered things about you.
The overwhelming feeling of being judged didn't left you, it increased every second. It's like the entire world is looking at you. This is exactly why you stay inside your house. You slouched and looked down trying to remove those thoughts from your mind, though not seemed impossible. You placed your hands in your temples as if it would somehow help.

"(Y/n)? Is everything okay?" He asked worried, he placed his hand on your shoulder.
"Yes- yeah, it's fine" you shuddered lowering your hands and giving him a smile. He looked at you unsure, he wanted to help you in any way he could, after all, you saved his life.
You dismissed his calls for help by telling him everything was totally fine.

After a while of waiting, France handed you the ice cream. You thanked him and took the ice cream. Hopefully with that all your negative thoughts will leave.
And they did.

France told you to finish the ice cream before you go to any store. You decided to eat your ice cream as slow as possible, France noticed this and sighed. "The quicker you finish the faster we'll get some food." He said.

You looked at his white and empty eyes and said, "I have no escape, do I?" He shook his head and gave you a smug smile. "Non, we're not going back until you get clothes."
You sighed in defeat and finished your ice cream. "Alright... Let's go."

•[Time skip]•

(Y/n)'s POV

I was holding a lot of bags, I refused to give a bag to France. I felt bad enough when he paid for everything, I won't let him carry a single bag.
Jerry was on his shoulder, France was feeding him with some nutri-berries he bought, since I have no money.

"Give me one bag, you can't be holding that many" he said.
"Yes I can, I just need to become Hulk."
"You're going to get hurt."
"I'd take the pain for you. It's better I get hurt, not you"
"That's sweet, but I still want to carry one bag."
"No"
"You're so stubborn, (Y/n)."
"I am and will always be"  I said with a proud smile.

We both joked around in the mall, he made me laugh so bad I couldn't breath. "People" also got closer to pet Jerry and say compliments in french. I didn't understand anything so I looked up at France for assistance.

I had a great time, I was still overwhelmed at the fact that the "people" was staring at me because I'm different. I managed to suppress all those thoughts. I know I'll be bombarded by them when I go to sleep but for now, I want to have fun and forget about it.

We were having a great time, but it all came to an end. France stopped me by placing his hand in front of me. I looked at him confused, even if he didn't have pupils or iris, his gaze was looking at something, he also seemed to be both surprised and scared. I tried looking at what he was looking at.
My heart dropped for a second, I couldn't believe who I was looking at.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

•[Earlier]•

Germany's POV
(I apologise if it's out of character)

I was in my house. It was silent as always, or at least the meeting days.
France has behaved strangely this week. For what I know is that he has been trying to reach out to a girl, and I met the girl. I only have blurry memories, but I can remember her laugh. She was my babysitter.

I was sitting in the chair infront of my disorganized desk. I started cleaning and picking up the documents and papers and putting them in neat piles.

I do support France with his "investigation" and his "mission". I do this because I also knew her and I want to know her whereabouts.

While I was cleaning, I found a nutcracker. The nutcracker she gave me. I held it in my hands and took a look at it. I put on my glasses to have a better and closer look at it.
It was carefully carved, the brush strokes of the (f/c) and (s/f/c) hues were still noticeable.
This is the last thing I have from her. She gave it to me just before she left, she said she was going to the garden, but she wasn't. Things went down pretty quickly, the wars were not helping.
After all the mess, I took the nutcracker everywhere I went. I got attached to it, and I still am attached.

I looked at the clock, it was about time for me to get ready. I stood up and started getting ready for the meeting.

•[After the meeting]•

The excuse of France was pathetic. He obviously was hiding something. I saw him leave in his car, I waited for a couple of minutes and proceeded to get in my own car. I turned it on and went to his house, he wasn't there. His car was not parked anywhere near.

Even if I didn't see his car, I got out of mine and looked around his house. There was a slight possibility he gave it to someone for a while. I knew this was wrong because it was too quiet and no lights were on. There was no sign of movement inside the house.

I sighed, he wasn't here. I've lost him. I went back to my car and leaned on the door.

"If I was him, where would I go?" I looked up at the sky, as if some kind of answer was going to appear. I thought for a moment until a few places appeared in my mind.

He could be either with UK or somewhere else like a park, store or something similar. There are too many choices, but I don't have time. Something is causing his strange behavior, I'm sure of that.
If I don't act quick, that cause might disappear amd I'll never know the origins of France's weird behavior.

I couldn't do this alone, it will take me much more time and that person could leave any minute now. I need to cover ground as much as possible, so I decided to tell Polen. I didn't called him yet but... He could help me.

But, I think he's busy. I might just give it a try.

I took out my phone, turned it on and dialed his number. It took a while for him to answer my call. "cześć Niemcy!" He said.

"Hallo Polen. I-" I stopped myself. I wasn't sure if I should ask him to help me or not.

"Niemcy?"

•×•×•×•×•×•×•
Choose one option:

[Option 0 Won!]

0- I seriously need your help.

1- Nevermind.

•×•×•×•×•×•×•
Published: March 9, 2020.

A/n- This affects the story. Well, see you in a week, or month! :)

Also, I'm going to self-promote here because yes. So, I wrote two other books. (Both are Countryhumans x reader) :

-Life In Death
-Lost Soul

These two are small projects I put to myself, but I don't promise I'll finish. This book is still my main one, and it has all my attention.
So, uh, go check them out! Hopefully you like 'em.

Sincerely~
A human mess that goes by the name "the author".