2.

CHAPTER TWO
"AS THE CAR HITS"

"Kian!" Atlas shouted down the phone, they had planned to meet up somewhere else obviously because he couldn't stand to be anywhere near Arlo but the panic in his voice showed something was wrong.

"Atlas, what's happening?" Kian asked, as a best friend he felt his own heart pound at the sound of his frantic voice and so when he didn't respond he proceeded, "Atlas?"

"I didn't know who else to call." He said almost breaking into a sob, with both his parents states away his first port of call was the only person he spent the most time with.

"Talk to me." Kian almost begged "Whats happening?"

Atlas from his knees in the middle of someone else's front yard didn't know what to do, he couldn't afford an ambulance and he knew full well he should've learnt to drive but was too lazy.

"Can you get here, quick, please." Atlas begged. Upon his lap, although he knew he shouldn't have moved her, was his twin sister.

Her head resting gently on his thighs and she looked simply as if she was sleeping.

Kian, with next to no information, sped to the scene. His car skidded into the sidewalk as he burst from the drivers seat and in a fast jog he approached Atlas.

Arlo for the first time was silent, her eyes softly shut and lips kind of parted.

The boy stood there looking at the twins in so much shock, he couldn't speak or move or blink apparently.

His heart was pounding and he couldn't breathe.

"T-the-the car hit her a-and left." Atlas blubbered towards Kian but for some reason he was still like a statue.

Some passersby had stopped to watch the scene, some of them offered their help but neither boys could respond.

"Atlas we need to go." Kian finally whispered and Atlas nodded although tears were spilling from his eyes.

"I-okay." Atlas stuttered looking to his best friend and then his sister "Can you help me?" He asked motioning down to Arlo's lifeless body and he nodded.