12.

CHAPTER TWELVE
"IM SORRY, HES HERE"

"Oh." sighed Arlo "that's fine."

Arlo usually got home from work before Atlas did mainly because she started early. She worked at a local coffee shop whereas Atlas worked for Target, their salaries although were low combined ended up being just right for their accommodation.

Arlo could drive, which meant that she could travel home and get changed and then if needed to she could go out and pick up her brother.

That was unless Kian beat her to it.

Which was what had happened, the pair were inseparable literally everyone thought they had some gay thing going on and hell if she didn't know that Kian was such a fuckboy she would've probably been coaxed into believing the rumours.

"So because I'm still in my uniform I'm gonna have to come home before we go out, do you think you're old enough now to put on your big girl pants and not start a war with Kian in the few minutes I'll be getting changed in???"

Arlo rolled her eyes and reluctantly agreed even though she knew for a fact it wasn't possible.

She could feel even when she heard his car engine the way that her blood began to boil.

The boys stepped in the front door and Atlas sent her a glare before heading for his room. Kian on the other hand stayed silent just stood there.

Arlo guessed that Atlas had given him the same talk and that's why he hadn't started to pick on her yet.

She tried awfully hard not to snap at him or say something while he stood trying to mind his own business but when Atlas appeared it seemed that Kian was busting at the seams to make a comment.

"My god it felt like you were gone forever." Kian chuckled as Atlas tried bouncing into his shoes.

"Mhm it's not like you exactly possess any patience though is it." Arlo snapped under her breath but both boys heard.

"What was that?" Kian asked stepping closer to the girl "Please, do repeat." he said gritting his teeth.

"Cmon, Kian lets just go." Atlas said tugging his shirt to move him backwards.

"No, I want to know what she said. Go on Arlo, say it again."

Arlo saw this as a challenge, she folded her arms and as slowly and precisely as she could she laughed and said,

"Its not like you possess any patience skills though, is it?"

Kian threw back his head and laughed towards the sky.

"I have a hell of a lot of patience, especially when it comes to you-" then he paused for emphasis and spat "-bitch"

"Is that the best you can do?" She chuckled before pointing to the door "laughable, now out my sight."