26.

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
"TEN PIN BOWLING GAME"

"Hey, it's understandable."

Arlo and Atlas were going bowling apparently with a group of friends but coincidentally they all seemed to cancel and of course it was only Kian coming.

Arlo was on the phone to Chelsey, she'd just told her that she couldn't make it to and although she told her that of course it was okay she couldn't deny that she was pissed.

Arlo drove, Atlas sat in the passenger seat and Kian slid into the back seats.

They'd managed to keep it civil, it was a miracle actually and Arlo wondered if Kian was being paid and vice versa.

At the bowling alley there was a bar at the back, the trio were obviously underage so when they went up to the bar they ordered soda.

It was Arlo's turn to get the round in, Atlas had also asked for snacks so she was stood there with her bills in her hand when an obviously tipsy man approached her.

He tried to wrap his arm around her and she pushed him off but he insisted.

Atlas had started to feel guilty that he'd left his sister to carry everything and left Kian to his round while he helped her carry the stuff.

When he approached the bar he was shocked to see his twin sister wrestling her way out of the drunk mans grip. She wriggled and begged but the man looked as if he was laughing.

"What the fuck are you doing to my sister?" Atlas asked stepping forward making the man drop Arlo and she scurried behind her brother to keep her safe.

That's when it kicked off, the man firing insults towards Atlas and Atlas trying his best not to swing.

Kian had done his bowl and was curious as to why the twins were taking so long.

When he'd gone to investigate and found Atlas, his best friend, chest to chest with a man double his size and Arlo shaking behind him he knew he had to do something.

He pushed Arlo backwards and got involved, actually smashing his fist into the mans face which made a whole riot kick off and caused the bouncers on the door to kick them all out.

Arlo turned to Kian, she didn't know that he had no idea the fight was about her. She thought he just wanted to prove something to her and she hated it.

"You-" she spat towards him "-you don't have to look after me like I'm some baby!" She shouted tears threatening to spill but only because she was high off of the adrenaline pumping through her body.

Kian looked at her confused, he'd only stepped in because of Atlas but now he was curious to know what the fight had started from.

Atlas scoffed at Arlo,

"You obviously do need to be babied." he said under his breath and when Arlo asked him to repeat he ordered her to get in the car.