33.

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
"THIS IS VERY CLICHE, LAWLEY"

Kian had decided to take Arlo out late at night because she was restless from the argument that morning and Atlas was fast asleep.

He'd helped her in and out of the car and had parked upon a location he had only been to a couple times in his life.

It was a parking space that over looked a drop down onto the city of LA and during the night time you could both see the buzzing lights and the soft stars above.

Arlo climbed herself onto the bonnet and Kian just leant himself against it, he unknowingly threaded his arm around Arlo so she didn't fall and so she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Has she always been like that?" Arlo asked Kian who laughed and nodded at her question.

"Yeah, you were the one who started us calling her The Dragon. It's because she's fiery and scary, but you two never seemed fazed by it." Kian responded and then the pair went quiet.

Arlo couldn't comprehend that she had spoken with so much anger towards her brother and it made her wonder about her past for the first time.

"Don't you remember?" Kian asked finally coming to his senses.

After the argument and Atlas' response it had finally clicked in his head. He hadn't thought he was going to ask her but it rolled straight off the tongue.

Arlo just shook her head, she didn't speak or do anything.

Kian felt a surge of panic, he now knew the only reason she wasn't arguing with him was because she didn't remember him and that sent a feeling that ripped through his whole stomach.

It made him want to put his head in his hands but instead he just clung closer to her.

He was scared, scared she'd remember why she hated him and then things would return back.

In Arlo's head things were much different, she was wondering on how she could ask if they had a thing, and if that's why he was being so willing to help.

But she too was scared because what if she was to mention it and it disgusted him.

So instead they both stayed quiet their heads buzzing even more than the busy streets below.

Kian looked at the sky and then his phone display and turned to talk to Arlo,

"Let's get back." he said with a sad smile "Late, isn't it?"