31.

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
"THE USUAL, DON'T SWEAT IT"

The Young's family was always argumentative, they loved to get into heated confrontation and usually brought it upon themselves.

That's why Arlo continued to argue with Kian, because it was part of her nature. But with her head completely free of thoughts she had no nature to refer to.

It was a few days after the officer had visited the twins, and Mr Young along with his three other children had stayed in a hotel. The twins father didn't want to return back home in case the case needed an extra push.

Or some more money.

So when the door bell rang the twins half expected it to be one of their snotty older siblings dressed in their usual attire with the same disgusted look.

However behind the door was someone much more dangerous.

Kian had opened the door, Arlo stood just behind him a rare coincidence that she was up about to head to the kitchen for breakfast on her own.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" Called a familiar shriek and Kian stepped backwards to allow The Dragon to enter the house seething with anger.

"Hello?" Arlo gasped in shock and from up the stairs Atlas came bounding down, he looked to Kian who was startled at the encounter and then towards his mother- red in the face.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" He asked and she spun on her heels in rage and pointed towards her son.

"How dare you call that ASSHOLE and not me." she shouted towards him, slamming her finger towards him till they were face to face.

Somehow The Dragon had come to the knowledge that Arlo had been in the accident and it was any guess that it was the meddling step siblings who loved to get the twins in the shit.

"How fucking dare you." she spat towards him "I am your MOTHER." she shouted letting go of a screech.

Her loud voice made Arlo flinch back and start to cry, something she definitely wouldn't have done in the past but she had no idea who the woman was and now knowing she was her mother, her shouting wasn't sitting well with her.

"Leave him alone." Arlo sobbed and Kian slid towards her grabbing her in a tight hug and shielding her eyes by pressing her into his chest.

"There's a reason we didn't call you." Atlas hissed "Because you didn't give a shit about us when we were fine so why would you when we're injured."

The Dragon raised a hand to slap Atlas but Kian thought quick on his feet.

"Ms... Cooper." he said making sure to address her by her correct surname, "Where are your little ones?"

The Dragon softened and turned to Kian with a twisted and sour look.

"They're with their father." she spat "Whats it got to do with you?"

Kian was used to The Dragons temper and her common voice, he was even more used to her new husbands ways and knew that those kids would not be safe without their mother.

No matter how bad she was.

"Your kids need you." he said with a smile "Things are under control here, go home" he said strongly and confidently.

The Dragon snarled at Kian but nevertheless understood what he meant, and with a huff and a mumble under her breath about being unwanted she left the house with a slam of the door.

Atlas turned to his sister and sadly whispered,

"It's normal."