3.

CHAPTER THREE
"A BIG BLOW TO THE HEAD"

At the hospital the boys didn't speak, not for hours on end, Atlas was bouncing his legs up and down and Kian for some reason was chewing his fingernails.

"Atlas Young?" Called a doctor causing both Atlas and Kian to stand hopefully from their seats.

They didn't even notice but they'd both been holding their breaths for a significantly long amount of time.

"Arlo suffered a really big hit to the head, we managed to stabilise her and after 72 hours she should be- with our fingers crossed- allowed to return home."

Both boys let out an audible sigh and looked at each other in relief, Atlas let go of a happy relieved smile.

"Can we see her?" Atlas asked the doctor who happily nodded them on, showing them briefly which curtain she laid behind.

Kian was first to pull back the curtain and yet he froze and allowed Atlas to step in first, she was awake. Her eyes looked alert and she snapped her head towards where the boys entered.

Kian didn't know whether it was a good idea for him to be there, he looked at her with doubtful eyes but when they made eye contact she even kind of smiled.

"How you feelin'?" Atlas questioned stepping closer towards his sister, swiftly taking her hand in his. She smiled at the motion and nodded.

"Atlas, I think I should go." Kian said looking more towards the floor and then shyly back up to connect his eyes with Arlo.

She didn't scowl, or look at him in disgust, she didn't scream or shout or say anything at all which was weird and unnerved him.

"O-okay bro." Atlas stuttered it was a thing he did when he was confused or scared or any other emotion other than happy "Thanks for waiting with me."

Kian sent Atlas a head nod and he turned to wish Arlo a speedy recovery but he physically couldn't let anything nice escape his lips so he just left without another word.

"What's wrong with him?" Arlo asked her brother softly and Atlas shrugged and turned to face his sister.

"It's probably just weird that you two are in such a close proximity." Atlas responded with a small chuckle and Arlo with a wince reached up to scratch the back of her neck.

"Ah... right." she paused wondering whether she should ask such a question and then finally she did, "Uhhh what's his name again."

Atlas turned to his sister, he knew she'd tried to play it off and there was no hint of a smirk to show that she was joking.

"Kian, Kian Lawley."